PO now: Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night reissue (Twin Peaks music)

Plain Recordings though...

julee_cruise_floating_into_the_night.jpg

Amazon

Soundstage Direct

Out October 21. You probably know Julee Cruise from the TV show Twin Peaks... In fact, this album was produced by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti. There are multiple songs from the show on this album, such as Falling, Rockin' Back Inside My Heart, Into The Night, and The Nightingale

As mentioned earlier, this is being reissued by Plain Recordings, so it might suck. It was originally released on vinyl, but it'll cost you $40+. 

I don't know about you, but I'm buying this to satisfy my Twin Peaks crave on vinyl until Death Waltz reissues the soundtracks in January. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got mine and it sounds PHENOMENAL. I can't imagine it sounding any better. Falling sounds absolutely unbelievable. Getting ready to do a comparison with my original CD copy! I was also surprised by the bonus track at the end of side 1. I wonder, is the original issue like this?

Despite sounding so good, there's something a bit odd about it; in-between each track there is not silence but a cutting in and out. Not like a pop, but like some kind of weird tape anomoly or something? This doesn't affect any of the songs but it's strange. I've never heard anything like this before.

So uh... Anyone have any idea what's going on with these at Amazon? It was temporarily out of stock, then they changed the release date to November 18th, and now it's showing temporarily out of stock again. I'm still really wanting to get this but it seems Amazon is struggling with these.

Amoeba still has it in stock for $19.98 + free shipping.

• 1 month later...

Oh no! Depending on my paycheck, I will be picking this up and can possibly grab you a copy if you want to pay shipping and stuff.

Thanks for the offer, I'll give you a shout if need be. I'm actually trying to order this to be sent to a US address that I pick stuff up from sometimes, but to add insult to injury, BM won't even let me enter my Canadian credit card on the site, and there's no paypal option :(

I'm gonna email them and see what's up.