Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

Your top white whales contained The Format and ICP/House of Krazees tapes. I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

You know what's the best part of this? I don't even like T Swift. I never put out "hate speech" and also, my musical opinions are mostly disagreed with anyways.

Oh noooooo. Someone using the fact I like HOK/ICP to try and negate my musical opinion. hTf2uRf.jpg

To be honest, I was putting more emphasis on The Format. Is you talking shit about someone liking Radiohead much different?

I may have done so in the past...and if you don't mind refreshing my memory on which ones please. Seriously.

I honestly didnt memorize which band it was. I remember it was fairly recent, in the past year or so because I thought it was funny you always say in the Swift threads how people shouldnt say anything hateful about artists they dont like, then you went and did it in another thread. I wasnt expecting to have to keep a list running to present you.

What I don't get most often 'round here is why people seem to dip in and comment in threads that have no bearing in their music/band/artist tastes. Regardless of the contents of the comment and how they may have been misconstrued, if you don't like Taylor Swift or her music, why come in and comment in the thread?

IT. DOESN'T. MAKE. SENSE.

chewbacca_defense.jpg

I have to disagree with you here. When there is a big thread that never goes away about an artist you don't like, you get curious. What am I missing out on? Why are so many people talking about this artist or album? The thing that is especially interesting here is that this is pretty much the only pop album anyone is talking about on this board. Is Taylor Swift breaking ground between mainstream radio music and what the typical music collector likes (which does vary a lot, but never really goes deep into modern pop). I have a lot of friends who are really into music, and none of them like Taylor Swift. In fact, the only people I personally know who like her music are very casual music fans who don't listen to full albums. That's why this thread intrigued me. I wanted to see what it was all about. This thread has all kinds of craziness in it. I can't believe people are talking about $400 tickets to see her while people in other threads complain that a $25 record is outrageous. That's why I commented that this whole thing seems like a joke. Taylor Swift is a power in the music industry, so she definitely deserves respect whether you like her music or not.

I'm not trying to get into this argument for the long haul, but i don't think it's fair to write off music fans as only "casual" if they enjoy Taylor Swift's music.

You can enjoy music for the sake of it being well written, marketed, or just down right catchy. That shouldn't dictate where you fall in your passion for music.

As most, my taste range falls all over the place. I would like to think I have a pretty decent knowledge in music and a strong passion for it. The only good thing my dad ever did for me was expand my taste ranges by introducing me to punk at a young age. By 13 I found a place working in music and have busted my ass to make a name for myself ever since. Now I collect vinyl, help out on hip hop tours, and despite years of protesting her first few albums...I jam to some Taylor Swift.

By all means, I am not a casual listener. I appreciate music for what it is and what it does. I enjoy things that are more complex and I love a damn good pop single.

So please, get a grip and don't demean music fans just because their taste is too "mainstream" for you.

Finally gave this album a couple of listens.

Blank Space is the best song on the album and is just wonderful in every way. 

However I still prefer Red myself. A lot of songs on 1989 sound like they could be done by most mainstream pop artists around at the moment. I definitely prefer the bit of country she had in her earlier albums.

Obviously this is just my opinion and I'm still listening to it. It may grow on me.

This thread got funny, fast.

I feel bad about people who have to drop into a Taylor Swift thread to solely express distaste for her. Don't you know it's not going to be met with positivity? Do you want to have a bad time? It's like you're making your day bad on purpose.

This is an interesting time for Taylor. She's a global superstar. It's a fine line to tread to be that and still have music CONNECT with people in the way that hers does. Yet, $400 per ticket is pretty fucking outrageous. After watching her from the nosebleeds last year, I can't say I'd want to spend what I spent then and go again...

Don't you know it's not going to be met with positivity?

I don't think that's the intention.

This is an interesting time for Taylor. She's a global superstar. It's a fine line to tread to be that and still have music CONNECT with people in the way that hers does.

I don't know about this. Global superstars have always had their music connect with fans haven't they? Isn't that part of the whole "global megastar" deal? Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Queen etc etc

Personally I'm kind of amazed at the sheer number of Taylor Swift gifs that are in this thread. I'm guessing some of you guys have TS gif collections?