Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

The 1975 is decent.  The music is fun.  They're good live... but the lead singer is maybe the least likeable person I've ever watched on a stage.  He comes off as such a huge douchebag (and probably is).  So I hope they aren't a thing, because fuck that guy.

On the music side, I kind of stopped listening to 1989 for whatever reason.  Maybe it's because it's more of a pop album so it just doesn't have the staying power of something like Red or Speak Now.  Or maybe I just listen to too much music and need to go back to it.  Not sure yet.

The 1975 is decent.  The music is fun.  They're good live... but the lead singer is maybe the least likeable person I've ever watched on a stage.  He comes off as such a huge douchebag (and probably is).  So I hope they aren't a thing, because fuck that guy.

My last thoughts on the 1975 since this is a thread about 1989...I've seen them three times in the past year and a half, the shows have gotten progressively sloppier. Mainly because Matt (lead singer) seems to get more and more drunk as the shows go on - at the Fillmore show earlier this year I swear he was hammered when he walked onstage and proceeded to down a couple of bottles of wine as the night went on. 

That being said, they still put on a better show than half of the bands I've seen this year and those first two shows at tiny venues (Rickshaw Stop and The Independent in SF) were electric. 

Haven't picked up the vinyl yet. Counting on Christmas for this one probably. Trying to save some dough.

Congrats Logan. Does it feel like rock bottom for you? :P

Not at all. She's really proved that she grew up and I read a great article about her taking on a feminist stance and righting all her wrongs. She backed up her words with actions and released a great album. I'm very proud of her. I still don't enjoy her earlier work, but I'll definitely support her through Red and 1985

Not at all. She's really proved that she grew up and I read a great article about her taking on a feminist stance and righting all her wrongs. She backed up her words with actions and released a great album. I'm very proud of her. I still don't enjoy her earlier work, but I'll definitely support her through Red and 1985

Got a link? Sounds interesting. I think this album is better than am everything except Fearless.

I didn't know she was on this?

61FW7D1BHJL._SY300_.jpg