Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

Ya know...it was kinda of a joke before...but it's definitely proof that T-Swizzle doe not care about any and all male fans...just watch this video of her gift-giving to random fans. All chicks.

I read that she did give gifts to male fans but they just didn't get featured in the video. I can't find the article right now.

Well hell...I'd love to see those testimonies if so...it just grinds my gears that at times an entire section of a fanbase gets disregarded b/c of being deemed as "creepy" or weird solely because they fall under a gender. I know, it sounds stupid for my bitching about it but it's true. 

That's like Morrissey disregarding a portion of his fanbase b/c they're not vegan or vegetarians. 

I guess it's a crime and you should be feel like a weirdo if you're a male dude and like Taylor Swift and her music. 

Well hell...I'd love to see those testimonies if so...it just grinds my gears that at times an entire section of a fanbase gets disregarded b/c of being deemed as "creepy" or weird solely because they fall under a gender. I know, it sounds stupid for my bitching about it but it's true.

That's like Morrissey disregarding a portion of his fanbase b/c they're not vegan or vegetarians.

I guess it's a crime and you should be feel like a weirdo if you're a male dude and like Taylor Swift and her music.

Morrissey diiiid cancel an arena show because every vendor in the arena wouldn't go vegan for his show...

Whenever you read males on the internet talking about how they like Taylor Swift it almost always sounds like they're being ironic. I'm not saying that they are being ironic, but it comes across that way. Like there's rarely much discussion about the actual tunes and there's always a bunch of that "Man, I am really enjoying this new Taylor Swift album. LOL, normally I listen to hardcore, but I also really like Taylor Swift! Isn't that weird?" kinda stuff, and it just comes of as really disingenuous and sleazy.

That coupled with the weirdness of people (especially in this thread) posting pics of her and commenting on her looks. You don't see that in no Deftones thread, and it is creepy as fuck.

That coupled with the weirdness of people (especially in this thread) posting pics of her and commenting on her looks. You don't see that in no Deftones thread, and it is creepy as fuck.

I'm sure female Deftones fans think someone in that band is attractive/post pics of them online. Most of us in this thread aren't gay though, so we don't think they're cute.

I'm not sure how someone thinking a 24(?) year old is good looking comes off as creepy.

By your logic, tons of women in the late 90's early 2000's were creepy for thinking Johnny Depp was cute. Hell, even I thought the dude was good looking back then.

It's not as if people are coming in here posting about wanting to do graphic sexual acts to her.

You don't have to be gay to find a member of the same sex cute.

I'm sure female Deftones fans think someone in that band is attractive/post pics of them online. Most of us in this thread aren't gay though, so we don't think they're cute.

I'm not sure how someone thinking a 24(?) year old is good looking comes off as creepy.

By your logic, tons of women in the late 90's early 2000's were creepy for thinking Johnny Depp was cute. Hell, even I thought the dude was good looking back then.

It's not as if people are coming in here posting about wanting to do graphic sexual acts to her.

Clearly I understand that. Most straight dudes don't go around talking about how cute they think a dude is and posting pictures of him on the internet.

I like her music and think she's hot but I'm the same age as her so I don't think it's that creepy. Plus my wife thinks she's hot too so it's ok

Yep, she's 25... I don't get the whole creep thing unless you're like old enough to be her dad or grandfather hah I honestly don't think anyone here is a creep for finding a 25 year old woman attractive or for liking her music.

Hell she's dated guys 9 to 12 years older than her.

Haha I once got the editor of AP mad at me on FB for saying his pick for album of the year was boring as fuck and that he should have picked sunbather instead, But that was a year old at the time. Haha, I don't now think his AOTY is boring, just extemely overrated. I think he's on this board actually...

Ah yes. He still posts here. Not as often as before. And he's no longer with AltPress. They parted ways mid-December. Around that time at least. No idea why. It kinda sucks because although I didn't read AP as much as I used to, whenever he posted any online pieces, they were great. He was one of the best writers and although surely constrained to having to appeal to their current demographic, he still brought in some solid bands and albums to write about. Even still pushing old school bands. 

Late but: I feel like you guys don't factor in how many female fans she has. Her fan base is probably mostly a female and gay fan base. Marina's is the same, Katy Perry's as well.

While there might be something to not many male fans being recognized, I think you're taking it too personally and not thinking about statistics.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a big male fan base, but rather that her other fan bases are probably a lot larger.

I wouldn't take offense until she starts saying males can't buy VIP packages.