PO: Turnstile - Nonstop Feeling

Honestly starting to really think the dude that runs Reaper strictly cares about money period. Shipping has always been pricey and there has been a shit ton of represses as of late.

Yep. Didn't this dude tell someone they just shouldn't order anything when asked about high shipping prices? Label is a joke for sure.

http://instagram.com/p/zK898en7HX/

The comments on the picture Reaper posted today, woof.

Damn, a ton of people still haven't received their stuff yet. At first I thought it was maybe just a few random instances, but guess not. For what it's worth, I emailed the guys and got a response from one of the dudes saying he has been out of the country on personal matters, which seems to be why some of the orders have taken a while to get out.

Still kind of messed up how fast this second press came though. 

Yep. Didn't this dude tell someone they just shouldn't order anything when asked about high shipping prices? Label is a joke for sure.

I was pissed that they were out of variants after I ordered 2 of the last 5 or so of a color Step 2 Rhythm (tried to get my friend a cool birthday gift) so they emailed me saying they could send me a different variant and that shipping was dependent on weight and I said I'll take it but I'm disappointed and they emailed back saying they cancelled my order to have my friend order it separately if I don't want high shipping

In itself, how can there ever be a negative aspect to repressing an album? If more people want to hear the contents of a sound storage medium, why not make additional copies of it to meet the demand?

I think the issue is many of the people who bought the first pressing haven't got their copies yet

In itself, how can there ever be a negative aspect to repressing an album? If more people want to hear the contents of a sound storage medium, why not make additional copies of it to meet the demand?

For one thing, as someone else said, many people that ordered the first press haven't received it yet.

Another thing, is that Reaper represses things at a ridiculous rate. Did we really need two new colours of this record already? Is it really that hard to find a green copy right now?

So people hate flippers but also hate when things get repressed too frequently? I cant imagine why anyone who doesnt work for that label would care how often they repress something even if it is already available. Who cares?

I do get being upset if you never received your order for a first pressing and then a label putting a 2nd pressing up for sale though.

So people hate flippers but also hate when things get repressed too frequently? I cant imagine why anyone who doesnt work for that label would care how often they repress something even if it is already available. Who cares?

I do get being upset if you never received your order for a first pressing and then a label putting a 2nd pressing up for sale though.

The first press is still available though. It's not like this sold out immediately and now it's impossible to find for a reasonable price.

Keeping a product available, and thinking ahead in terms of continued demand, can be a wise decision. In this case it most likely is. If this wasn't seen in the light of colored vinyl Pokémon craze, no one would even notice the new batch happening. But everyone certainly would if the wanted a copy, and it was suddenly unavailable everywhere but eBay at inflated prices. 

Not letting costumers have what they paid for a long time ago is of course not good for neither business nor reputation. I would never dispute that.

And?

Maybe their distributor has orders to fill and not enough records from the first pressing left to fill those orders?

I just think people are mad that Reaper got ahead of themselves with not getting pre-orders out in a timely fashion and announcing a repress too soon.

You're right though, Reaper probably didn't just repress this for the hell of it. I would imagine they have some kind of reasoning for it. They're a small label, maybe they're just preparing for a potential backlog of distro orders.

Nobody else pointed out that when those few copies of the splatter and blue/green variants went up that it was a bit weird considering people hadn't received their pre-orders should those have even been put online? Now there's a second press and people still waiting on their pre-orders.

I thought about that too. I think Reaper screwed up.

I was one of the people who complained on Reaper's IG about still not getting my preorder copy.  I guess all the uproar drew some attention, because I finally got an email response from Reaper.  They didn't have any explanation, but did give me a tracking number.  

Here's what it gave me.  Only problem is it's supposed to be going to Florida. so now wtf?

Capture_zps1e5c88c9.jpg

I was one of the people who complained on Reaper's IG about still not getting my preorder copy. I guess all the uproar drew some attention, because I finally got an email response from Reaper. They didn't have any explanation, but did give me a tracking number.

Here's what it gave me. Only problem is it's supposed to be going to Florida. so now wtf?

Capture_zps1e5c88c9.jpg

We've been getting some snow so that might have detoured it.