PO: In The Grooves: The Visual History of the Vinyl Record (Book)

Available at paperbooksllc.com and enjoytheride.storenvy.com

sale.jpg

This book is dedicated to all the vinyl lovers out there.

We have all fallen in love with the warmth of the music played from vinyl's grooves, and even the occasional hiss or pop from a weathered record. Paying homage to the vinyl we all know and love, this book is dedicated to illustrating the more unique and creative methods of pressing vinyl, all in its full, life-sized glory.

Specs:

13”x13” Hardcover Book 
12”x12” Full Color Scans 
124 Pages 
Printed on 128 gsm Glossy Paper

Featuring 20+ Enjoy The Ride Variants

As an ETR web exclusive....We are offering the book to be signed by the authors upon request at no extra charge! The first 100 of those sold will be HAND NUMBERED

I'll be honest, this book would be a lot more appealing if the actual center labels for each record were kept. I'd much rather know which band/label created which record instead of seeing that "pb" logo over and over and over and over....

I like the idea of this - is there any text whatsoever?  Or only pictures?  Something like this could have a lot more lasting value if there were some nice explanations to the process of how colors are mixed, and different techniques are applied in the difference unique processes, not to mention background essays on the progression of the coloring process through time, starting with early 78's, collectors editions during mid-century, the rise of colored vinyl in hardcore in the 90s, etc. etc. etc. 

I like the idea of this - is there any text whatsoever?  Or only pictures?  Something like this could have a lot more lasting value if there were some nice explanations to the process of how colors are mixed, and different techniques are applied in the difference unique processes, not to mention background essays on the progression of the coloring process through time, starting with early 78's, collectors editions during mid-century, the rise of colored vinyl in hardcore in the 90s, etc. etc. etc. 

13x13 book. 12x12 scans. Pretty sure these are just pictures that can be found somewhere on these boards pretty easily.