PO: Ben Folds Five - Whatever & Ever Amen Remastered Reissue (1/27/15)

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/10/15/whatever-and-ever-amen-coming-back-to-vinyl/

Ben Folds Five’s celebrated full length album, Whatever and Ever Amen, is coming back to vinyl, with a release date set at January 27th. A limited 180-gram orange variant is available over at Bull Moose and the album is being remastered for the release. You can see the jacket above.

This variant is a Department Of Record Stores exclusive and part of their new “Vinyl Club.” And the black copies will be available four weeks later, on February 24th (widely available).

180gram orange up for preorder on Bullmoose for $25.97. They have free shipping on orders of over $25 (which this is)

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/17046976/ben-folds-five-whatever-ever-amen-limited-orange-vinyl

Hopefully this leads to the debut, Reinhold Messner, and Ben's solo albums being reissued.

Self titled was repressed a couple years ago and is still very readily available!

http://www.amazon.com/Ben-Folds-Five-Gram-Vinyl/dp/B0051AK8SS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Bought a copy the instant it came out. Excellent sounding and on 180g. Reinhold Messner would be super great, thats the piece of theirs I'm missing!

Self titled was repressed a couple years ago and is still very readily available!

http://www.amazon.com/Ben-Folds-Five-Gram-Vinyl/dp/B0051AK8SS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Bought a copy the instant it came out. Excellent sounding and on 180g. Reinhold Messner would be super great, thats the piece of theirs I'm missing!

I've heard horrible reviews about the Plain Recordings pressing. I'll probably pick it up just to have it though. Thanks for reminding me.

Also, it's a bit disappointing the bonus tracks from the 2005 CD remaster aren't present on here.

I have the original Caroline press. No great shakes, sound quality wise. Even so, Plain has a reputation for being AWFUL. The only record of theirs I own is Red House Painters (since it's the only version ever pressed). So I doubt I'd ever buy the new S/T just to compare.

I'm probably in for WAEA tho... This is the classic era of BF for me.

I have the original Caroline press. No great shakes, sound quality wise. Even so, Plain has a reputation for being AWFUL. The only record of theirs I own is Red House Painters (since it's the only version ever pressed). So I doubt I'd ever buy the new S/T just to compare.

I'm probably in for WAEA tho... This is the classic era of BF for me.

Plain is so inconsistent.... I have Fiona Apple's Extroadinary Machine and two Elliot Smith albums which are just spectacular.... then there's Mr. Bungle's California that I swear must've been dubbed from an old cassette tape.

I also had the s/t Mr Bungle but returned it cuz it was pulled off the press too quickly and had 'hairs' of vinyl going over the grooves (some not removable).

$26 and a 3.5 month preorder. State of the hobby right now.

It seems strange. We announced it so early to make a better guess about how many to make. There will be more announcements this week with even longer lead times. All will be pretty limited pressings, but maybe we can make sure people don't have to fight over copies. 

It seems strange. We announced it so early to make a better guess about how many to make. There will be more announcements this week with even longer lead times. All will be pretty limited pressings, but maybe we can make sure people don't have to fight over copies. 

All very laudable, but how about making it possible for non-US residents to get it too?