PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

Guest jonpasqual

C'mon now mate. You either help or you don't.

i think what i asked was totally acceptable. I don't even care if its 50 cents... Its still a nice gesture. Key word was DONATION. As I do the SAME for anytime I ask for an LP.

i think what i asked was totally acceptable. I don't even care if its 50 cents... Its still a nice gesture. Key word was DONATION. As I do the SAME for anytime I ask for an LP.

Actually, key word was COMPENSATION. You said "helping out some people for a super small compensation". Compensation does not equal donation. If they throw you a couple bucks for helping them out, it's a donation. When you ask for it up front, that's a service with compensation. Either you want to help people out, or you want to make a buck. Make up your mind.

Actually, key word was COMPENSATION. You said "helping out some people for a super small compensation". Compensation does not equal donation. If they throw you a couple bucks for helping them out, it's a donation. When you ask for it up front, that's a service with compensation. Either you want to help people out, or you want to make a buck. Make up your mind.

Even then it isn't a donation haha. It is considered part of the price paid for the service of him getting you the LP. Just like if you were to tip a waiter or waitress. Tax class 101 :D

Guest jonpasqual

Even then it isn't a donation haha. It is considered part of the price paid for the service of him getting you the LP. Just like if you were to tip a waiter or waitress. Tax class 101 :D

thank you! I'm 100% willing to help everybody out with this. My hot topic is getting a few. I will be buying a few. All I ask is for a TINY.. SUPER SMALL. NAME YOUR OWN PRICE!!!!!! compensation, donation whatever. If thats not fair... don't buy it... Go pay the stupid high prices on ebay. If the price of the LP is $25 and I ask for $26! Is it really that much of a ball buster? Am I truly in the wrong? $1 is going to kill someone?

Regardless, I assure FIVE of you as that is the amount I'll be going after. I'll have them and you can easily message me with a contact number and I'll text you once I have them :-)

CHEERS EVERYONE. 

Here's all the info I was order to obtain regarding the Hot Topic blue/white splatter vinyl:

I called 3 Hot Topic stores this morning in the northeast (each about 2 hrs away from me) asking if they had it, they all said no and that they wouldn't be getting it, either.  The third store told me that it appears to be a West Coast release only and even then only select stores in the west will be getting it and that, "for sure no Hot Topic stores in our region will be getting it."  When I asked what region she meant she said the entire east coast and extending "at least as far as Michigan."

Also, she then told me that, for her, it IS online on the Hot Topic website but showed that it was sold out online.  She said that this was different than just their store/region not carrying it but that, for her, it appeared on the Hot Topic web store but was sold out.  Don't know what to make of that since it apparently never went for sale to the public on there to begin with...

I didn't give up there since I know a few people (as in, 2) on the west coast and figured I might be able to get one of them to pick up a copy and ship it to me if I paid them, so I asked her if the stores in their towns had it in stock and she checked and said they didn't/wouldn't be getting it.  I asked her if she could tell me what stores *did* have it in stock and she said she'd have to enter a city to check so I started looking up cities near where my friend lives in California and asked about a few of them, was told the first two cities wouldn't be getting any but the third *did* have it and was showing that their store currently has 3 copies in stock.  Asked for their phone number, called the California Hot Topic store and asked them about it, talked to another lady who said "no, we don't have it.  We got a shipment today and it probably arrived in that but we don't unload until tomorrow so I can't tell you anything until then."  Also asked if I could have them ship the vinyl to me from the store if I paid over the phone and unsurprisingly the answer is no.  All of this was this morning prior to travis' post with the list of stores in the west coast.  After seeing that post and the key phrase "It's definitely still in transit to a lot of stores" I called back the Hot Topic here in the northeast with the helpful lady, talked to her again and asked her about this and again she said that "our region won't be getting it."  So while I'm sure it's still in transit to a lot of stores, according to at least one Hot Topic employee, those stores will not be anywhere near the East Coast.  Don't take this as gospel or anything, just reporting what I was told.  If there is any word to the contrary please let it be known!

Lastly, at 3:00PM Eastern, AKA 2 hours and 31 minutes ago, the first "official" word on the Hot Topic variant was published online by Circa's record label, Sumerian Records, on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/SumerianRecords/photos/a.355014056907.193704.160175836907/10152908175326908/?type=1

The photo says that the Blue/White vinyl is "OUT NOW" and the announcement is:

Blue/White Splatter vinyl of Circa Survive "Descensus" is available now exclusively at Hot Topic!

The link just goes to Hot Topic's Facebook page which mentions nothing about the vinyl.  Also, still zero appearance of it on the Hot Topic website.  According to one of the comments on the Facebook post "there is no online link" and it will be in-store only but that commenter appears to be some random person and I have no idea if they have any actual affiliation with Hot Topic or this release in any way.

EDIT: As I was posting this, the same exact photo and caption appeared on Circa Survive's Facebook, at 5:20PM Eastern.  Here's the post.

So...can it be assumed from all the above info that it will not be for sale officially online (i.e. not on the Hot Topic site and not counting overpriced copies on eBay etc by flippers) and will instead just be available in limited quantities (possibly 3 per store if the HT employee's inventory was accurate and that same number goes for every store...the CA store I called with the "3 in store" seems fairly large, FWIW?) and only for sale in select, physical Hot Topic stores in the western U.S.?  And that it will likely not be available at those stores until tomorrow whenever they unload?

Or will it in fact be available online at some point?  The fact that the one really helpful and seemingly knowledgeable Hot Topic employee I talked to said that the online inventory is already displayed as "sold out" before ever actually going live has me concerned...

Also, anyone here on the west coast near one of the stores that'll be carrying it tomorrow want to pick up a copy for me and ship it if I pay you the cost of the record ($26.50 apparently) over PayPal plus shipping/handling and a few bucks extra for the in-store tax, PayPal fee and for your trouble?  If so, PM me please!

Overall, bummed that it seems that there's no other way for me to get this short of buying a plane ticket to the West Coast tonight and picking it up at a Hot Topic location tomorrow before their store sells out.

P.S.

jonpasqual - I'd take your offer (price paid for the record plus shipping plus a few extra bucks for tax/fees and your trouble) except your location is listed as New Jersey and according to the Hot Topic employee I talked to today this won't be coming to any Hot Topic stores on the East Coast.  That info may be incorrect, and if in fact it does later turn out to be incorrect and your Hot Topic is one of the stores that will be getting it and you're able to pick it up then I'll take your offer, assuming that offer is actual total price paid/shipped + a few bucks extra for your trouble.

thank you! I'm 100% willing to help everybody out with this. My hot topic is getting a few. I will be buying a few. All I ask is for a TINY.. SUPER SMALL. NAME YOUR OWN PRICE!!!!!! compensation, donation whatever. If thats not fair... don't buy it... Go pay the stupid high prices on ebay. If the price of the LP is $25 and I ask for $26! Is it really that much of a ball buster? Am I truly in the wrong? $1 is going to kill someone?

Regardless, I assure FIVE of you as that is the amount I'll be going after. I'll have them and you can easily message me with a contact number and I'll text you once I have them :-)

CHEERS EVERYONE. 

Dude wasn't agreeing with you.

My hot topic is getting a few. I will be buying a few.

PM'd you as well, but are you sure your Hot Topic is getting a few?  I was told twice by a Hot Topic employee that this will essentially be a west coast/western U.S. in-store exclusive.  I want to believe otherwise but haven't seen or heard anything to contradict it yet.

PM'd you as well, but are you sure your Hot Topic is getting a few?  I was told twice by a Hot Topic employee that this will essentially be a west coast/western U.S. in-store exclusive.  I want to believe otherwise but haven't seen or heard anything to contradict it yet.

I'm not trying to sound as dickish as this is going to sound, BUT...

you spoke to a person who is probably 18-20 years old (young) and is assuming that whole west coast thing based on the fact that those are the only stores with it in stock yet. Travis said he'd post a list of other stores soon. Have faith. 

In TRAVIS we trust. 

Wow, that's an extremely long post. Just ask me here if anyone has questions on HT vinyl and I can let you know whats going on.

I buy all the vinyl, I have more info about it than the stores do.

This IS going to more than just "west coast" stores. Give it a few days and it will start popping up in a lot more stores. I dunno why a store would their their entire region wouldnt be getting any copies of this.

Also this will definitley be available online, it just hasnt gone up yet.

Anything else?

I'm not trying to sound as dickish as this is going to sound, BUT...

you spoke to a person who is probably 18-20 years old (young) and is assuming that whole west coast thing based on the fact that those are the only stores with it in stock yet. Travis said he'd post a list of other stores soon. Have faith. 

In TRAVIS we trust. 

Yeah, hope the lady I talked to was mistaken.  As I said in the post before that, don't take the info I got as gospel or anything, just wanted to relay what I'd been told.

Decided to pick 5 Hot Topics in/near major metro areas along the East Coast (2 in NJ, 1 in FL, 1 in Virginia, 1 in Ohio) and give each a call to see if they could say anything different and got essentially the same response from all 5.  None of them have it; 2 said they would not be getting it but also didn't know which stores would (1 of which said that "probably" no Hot Topics along the east coast would be getting it but I wouldn't give that guy too much credit) and the other 3 checked their system and just said they had no information on it coming to them or anywhere in their region/district and couldn't definitively tell me if they'd be getting it or not yet.  So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what actually happens, but that's the info (or non-info) I was able to gather.

Wow, that's an extremely long post. Just ask me here if anyone has questions on HT vinyl and I can let you know whats going on.

I buy all the vinyl, I have more info about it than the stores do.

This IS going to more than just "west coast" stores. Give it a few days and it will start popping up in a lot more stores. I dunno why a store would their their entire region wouldnt be getting any copies of this.

Also this will definitley be available online, it just hasnt gone up yet.

Anything else?

*Just* saw this post after doing all that research/making those calls and now I feel stupid, haha.

Thanks for the info and great to hear it will definitely be available online!

I guess my only question is: now that there's been an official announcement about the release and whatnot and with more info coming in, do you know when it will be available online or have a better idea of when it's likely to go up?