PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

^holy shit dude you've got to start saving the essays for your college applications!

Note: I have no clue how old you are as I haven't read more than 3 words of any of your long winded posts and you don't have your age in your profile. I appologize if you are already in/have already been to college. It's just a joke don't try and come back at me with "I'M 30 MOTHERFUCKER!"

Edit: should've known there would be a million replies while I typed that. If you can't figure out who that post was for then you are a dummy.

Even if HT is sold out online I don't see these being too hard to track down in stores.

Has anyone had a chance to check out the sound quality of either version? Splatter vinyl is very pretty but also tends to have a lotta surface noise.

My yellow sounds amazing. Crystal Clear. 

^holy shit dude you've got to start saving the essays for your college applications!

Note: I have no clue how old you are as I haven't read more than 3 words of any of your long winded posts and you don't have your age in your profile. I appologize if you are already in/have already been to college. It's just a joke don't try and come back at me with "I'M 30 MOTHERFUCKER!"

Edit: should've known there would be a million replies while I typed that. If you can't figure out who that post was for then you are a dummy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure all 16 of his posts combined are longer than all 200 of mine together lol. He is descriptive.

That looks amazing! Mine might get in tomorrow :D.

Oh and only $800? Better got for 1k. Go big or go home. :P

But really, it pissed me off a bit that someone bought one just to flip it but I thought they'd ask for more than $350 with it being a /15

Also, they have two records shoved into a regular LP jacket?

What did the Test Press Bundle cost direct from the site? Just curious. Was SOLD OUT before I could even look.

Yes, keep an eye out, as HT is known to release batches at a time. Am I saying that it's for sure? No. Has it happened in the past? Yes.

Hot Topic Customer Service said they will not be coming back in stock online after he tried to put it on backorder for me over the phone.

Also, to add insult to injury, the one record flipper selling this as a pre-sale on eBay had 10 for sale this afternoon for $49.99 each + shipping with two sold...sometime in the past few hours he upped his price to $79.99 + shipping and seven more have sold since then, leaving only one remaining of the 10.  If anyone wants to pay over eighty dollars for this (I think I'll pass) here's the link: please don't actually do it/support this though (srsly)

Is there anything at all I can do to still get my order through or am I totally screwed?  Anybody at Hot Topic that might be able to help?  It's not even that this was a white whale vinyl for me, it was just I was so determined not to miss it after missing everything else that's the worst part.  

This is the only part of this post that I read. Obviously it wasn't a white whale dude, you clearly don't understand what that term means.

Yeah I'm pretty sure all 16 of his posts combined are longer than all 200 of mine together lol. He is descriptive.

Music/vinyl obsession is a hell of a drug!  Though that is actually a big part of it, the real reasons are more like A.) crazy into Circa Survive lately, esp this record and B.) trying to overly immerse myself with things I most enjoy/am the most passionate about to distract from a bunch of tragic shit that's been happening in my personal life lately.  Lesson learned though; moderation is key.  Though that Hot Topic online thing is gonna bug me for a while regardless.  If anyone does happen to grab any extra though and you're feeling generous, I'm still in the market to buy!  Just not at crazy costs plz.

This is the only part of this post that I read. Obviously it wasn't a white whale dude, you clearly don't understand what that term means.

Right, I said it was not the actual record itself that was a "white whale"/"holy grail" for me, it was just the fact that I missed the other versions of this release by seconds and then I actually caught this one from the first second but seemingly random site glitches over the next 30 minutes caused me to lose it anyway.  I.E. it was important to me not to miss out on the last variant after the ultra-frustrating near-misses with the others which hyped it up rather than this being my ultimate dream LP.  (Though actually, looking at the top-voted definition of "white whale" on UrbanDictionary, maybe the term was more appropriate than I thought...)

Is Stars Aground interested in this release or something?

Meh, only a little bit  ;)

(For real, apologies if I annoyed anyone by posting lengthy/detailed posts about the band/the vinyl in this thread over the past couple days.  Notes taken, stepping away from the keyboard now!)

100% positive this is not sold out.  HT customer service has no idea what the fuck they're talking about.  This is the same exact process that has happened with every other HT release that is in demand.  They put in batches as the boxes arrive to the warehouse.

Just keep checking throughout the week.

100% positive this is not sold out.  HT customer service has no idea what the fuck they're talking about.  This is the same exact process that has happened with every other HT release that is in demand.  They put in batches as the boxes arrive to the warehouse.

Just keep checking throughout the week.

I recall this being the case for the Circa represses last year due to the shipments coming in late and they had no idea when they would come in or something of that nature, however, I haven't heard anything indicating that is the case this time, though I hope so.

(For real, apologies if I annoyed anyone by posting lengthy/detailed posts about the band/the vinyl in this thread over the past couple days.  Notes taken, stepping away from the keyboard now!)

We've all got to be passionate about something.  No apologies necessary.  And if anything, I have much respect for the grammar and formatting of your posts.

If I can't get one before I leave, would be cool if someone would like to trade for something in my list on deadformat at the bottom. I'm on my way back from Afghanistan stuck in Romania for a little bit longer. I'll keep checking until I leave to see if they back up online. Won't be able to get anything in the mail until mid December though. Thank you