PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

Maybe Travis has some pull in the warehouse and can ask them to cancel and put those 100 back up....

Here's to hoping! I missed when they went up online first round :/

i seriously didnt check the forums for like 2 hours monday night, and they went up and were gone already when i checked lol.

Maybe Travis has some pull in the warehouse and can ask them to cancel and put those 100 back up....

Here's to hoping! I missed when they went up online first round :/

If so, would srsly apreesh someone with pull patching my original order through if at all possible, as it was placed before they actually sold out online.  It's just that 30+ minutes of trying and the "Submit Order" button never did anything, as I explained in way too much detail like 11 pages back an hour or two after it happened.  Still have the checkout window open just in case (proof).  Can PM more proof/member number/uncensored address and all that jazz if necessary, though I'm sure it's a long shot.  Sucks that securing a copy for myself much less 2 for my friends at anything close to retail price seems so unlikely.

FYI made 2 final attempts (no essay, promise!) yesterday and today.  First was another call yesterday to HT customer support but got a guy who said he saw it in my cart and saw I'd tried to order it and told me to refresh and it would go through...when it didn't he told me to try a diff browser.  When that didn't work either he said "guess it's sold out."  Had no info about it coming back in stock or anything like that.

Attempt 2: haven't read through the thread since my post 10 pages or so ago so apologies if someone else posted something similar, but my second and final attempt was to call my "local" (2 hrs away) Hot Topic, got a different employee who said "says we'll be getting it December 10th.  Maybe.  I don't know.  Try pre-ordering it to our store online.  Oh, it says it's sold out online?  Yeah, that probably means we won't be getting it but I don't know."  When I asked if any stores nearby had it, like anywhere in New England, he checked and said "nope, nobody has it in stock" in and when I asked about "how about any stores anywhere" he said "none that I can see."  Also, I managed to keep this post to 2 paragraphs hooray!

If so, would srsly apreesh someone with pull patching my original order through if at all possible, as it was placed before they actually sold out online. It's just that 30+ minutes of trying and the "Submit Order" button never did anything, as I explained in way too much detail like 11 pages back an hour or two after it happened. Still have the checkout window open just in case (proof). Can PM more proof/member number/uncensored address and all that jazz if necessary, though I'm sure it's a long shot. Sucks that securing a copy for myself much less 2 for my friends at anything close to retail price seems so unlikely.

Travis has nothing to do with things like this. Plus your "order" isn't an order at all because it didn't get submitted. Same thing happened to myself and plenty of others. The hot topic website isn't great at handling a high volume of orders for the same item to the point that it sells out. Likely it was already sold out when any of us were stuck on the "submit order" page and rather than getting a "sold out" message we were just sent back to that page over and over. At least you didn't get your order through after they were sold out, leading you to believe you were fine, only to get a cancelation notification days later.

Travis has nothing to do with things like this. Plus your "order" isn't an order at all because it didn't get submitted. Same thing happened to myself and plenty of others. The hot topic website isn't great at handling a high volume of orders for the same item to the point that it sells out. Likely it was already sold out when any of us were stuck on the "submit order" page and rather than getting a "sold out" message we were just sent back to that page over and over. At least you didn't get your order through after they were sold out, leading you to believe you were fine, only to get a cancelation notification days later.

Thank you, Dan. I've been holding back on responding to those posts for a while because I knew I wouldn't be able to answer them in a respectful manner. You did it. I appreciate it.

Guest tailsyoudie1

After looking at this compared to the yellow I like the yellow more........ Does anyone want to trade my newly purchased Ht one for a yellow? I wasn't able to get a yellow one cause I figured this one would be better

After looking at this compared to the yellow I like the yellow more........ Does anyone want to trade my newly purchased Ht one for a yellow? I wasn't able to get a yellow one cause I figured this one would be better

Talk to this guy. I think you have inverse problems.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/2neij2/circa_survive_descensus_yellowblack_ht_variants/cmdzjd0

"I accidentally ordered two of these and wonder if anyone on here would want to trade. I have two of the yellow splatter and the one I want to trade is still sealed."

I didn't mean Travis specifically, I just said "someone with pull."  Like I said, it's a super long shot, but maybe there's a sympathetic Hot Topic higher-up who lurks this thread and could help out the people who missed the order?  If it's true one person legitimately got 1/10th of the entire inventory, depriving a ridiculous amount of people of this record variant due to the way it's being released, and someone at HT decides to either cut or cancel that order - or even if someone at HT knows about a remaining batch - it would be cool of them to offer another chance to buy to the people who've posted about missing out, on this site and others.  Unrealistic, but still cool.

RE: the order never going through...the thing for me was that I was ready and waiting for it to go up and managed to place my order under 3 minutes after it was posted and even then just got stuck at the "Submit Order" button...so either it sold out in something like 90 seconds or there was an error with the website for some people, probably due to the massive traffic like you stated.  I was about to ask the people here who DID get their order through on the site if their order has a timestamp for when it went through but ultimately it doesn't matter I suppose.  Even if it was 20 minutes after I placed my order attempts it can still be chalked up to an overload that some people like myself experienced and others didn't.

And yes, a cancellation notice definitely would have been worse.  Missing this record isn't the end of the world, especially now 2 days after the fact looking back on it, though I'm still definitely searching...and if anyone finds an extra, as always, PM me!  Even disregarding my experience of striking out 4 times in a row with buying this record, I'm mostly just bummed that such a good album with such great variants/layout/artwork from the pics I've seen has been released on vinyl in a way from the start (not just HT) that leaves something to be desired IMO.  Not the band's fault of course, and I do love that they released limited test presses/hand-written lyrics/drumheads etc despite missing them by seconds each time they went up, but the overall execution for the physical releases of this LP seemed off.

P.S.

Semi-related; anyone who's going to the shows now that the album's out want to give reports on what versions of the vinyl are for sale at the merch booth, if any?  in b4 hand-numbered tour variant LP limited to 14 copies, each with unique hand-drawn artwork, with only one for sale at each remaining date with a lottery to decide who gets it each night.

Where's the green/white marbled B-sides?

Pretty awesome nonetheless! Now go for the rest of the test presses

God dangit I knew I forgot to grab something. I have it but I left it in the other room. I JUST put all the records away too. Arrrrrghh to take another picture or not is the question...