PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

For anyone interested in test presses, I was searching for a normal copy of Blue Sky Noise a while ago and I came across this supposed BSN test press for sale on discogs. I emailed the seller to send some pictures and here is what he sent me:

http://imgur.com/a/fQm6T

I never pulled the trigger but I thought some of you guys would be interested.

For anyone interested in test presses, I was searching for a normal copy of Blue Sky Noise a while ago and I came across this supposed BSN test press for sale on discogs. I emailed the seller to send some pictures and here is what he sent me:

http://imgur.com/a/fQm6T

I never pulled the trigger but I thought some of you guys would be interested.

Super cool. I would love to own this, but dat price. worth it though.

You get that clear split 7" by random purchase? or you have to pony up for that one?

I bought one in hopes it was clear but it was the maroon. Then I just bought a known clear off someone. It was a 4% chance of finding one being 100 out of 2500 and at seven or eight dollars apiece it wasn't justifiable to keep buying and opening copies hoping for a clear when I could buy one for cheaper than the chance of finding one. 

ergkAvS.jpg?1

100% complete. So proud.

Nice! I have all of that except the two other Nirvana variants. But I make up for that with all of Anthony Green including the hand-painted Young Legs and all of Psychic Babble. I was gonna do TSOAF too but it's a bridge too far. I did get one of those tests though. I'll take a picture of mine once I get the three variants of Decensus and the other two Nirvana. That'll have to wait until I get more money though.

In other news! My test came in today. It looks fucking amazing.

Nice! I have all of that except the two other Nirvana variants. But I make up for that with all of Anthony Green including the hand-painted Young Legs and all of Psychic Babble. I was gonna do TSOAF too but it's a bridge too far. I did get one of those tests though. I'll take a picture of mine once I get the three variants of Decensus and the other two Nirvana. That'll have to wait until I get more money though.

In other news! My test came in today. It looks fucking amazing.

Do you collect those bands because they are related to Circa or because you like them in their own right? Like, if Circa didn't exist would you variant collect them? I'm not asking in a condescending way, to be clear, I'm actually just curious. I have everything except the painted Young Legs because the price was ridiculous for how little you got and I don't really like the album too much either. It's alright, I guess. But I just like those bands independently.

Do you collect those bands because they are related to Circa or because you like them in their own right? Like, if Circa didn't exist would you variant collect them? I'm not asking in a condescending way, to be clear, I'm actually just curious. I have everything except the painted Young Legs because the price was ridiculous for how little you got and I don't really like the album too much either. It's alright, I guess. But I just like those bands independently.

Oh, trust me, if I disliked those bands, I wouldn't collect them. But I consider Avalon and My Brother's Ears to be two of my all-time favorite albums. I actually was more into Anthony Green than Circa early on. That's another reason I didn't get all of TSOAF. I just don't think its all that great. I like it, but not like the others. And the hand-painted Young Legs was definitely insanely priced, but I felt like I wanted it enough to justify it.

This is actually a discussion I've had with a few Circa fans. Personally, I have loved everything that Circa and Anthony have put out, thus I I have a nearly perfect Circa and AG collection (only missing what is in my signature, and tests other than Descensus). I like The Sound of Animals Fighting, and Psychic Babble. But I am not going to variant collect it just because they are related acts, the music itself has to push me to it. Also, I personally don't consider the Nirvana and off the board comp variants a must as far as a Circa collection, just their actual official releases.

Oh, trust me, if I disliked those bands, I wouldn't collect them. But I consider Avalon and My Brother's Ears to be two of my all-time favorite albums. I actually was more into Anthony Green than Circa early on. That's another reason I didn't get all of TSOAF. I just don't think its all that great. I like it, but not like the others. And the hand-painted Young Legs was definitely insanely priced, but I felt like I wanted it enough to justify it.

Same. Anthony is one of my favorite artists and I the final result was worth it. However, it was nice to have all the bonus items with the violent waves hand painted bundle.

I mean... It's not really a photocopy... As someone who has one, the jackets are really nice. And I wouldn't blame BestBuy. They can only give what the label gives them, right? Also, whoever wins this will already have the vinyl, since they bought it from Best Buy. Now they have a 00ber cool jacket for it.

I mean... It's not really a photocopy... As someone who has one, the jackets are really nice. And I wouldn't blame BestBuy. They can only give what the label gives them, right? Also, whoever wins this will already have the vinyl, since they bought it from Best Buy. Now they have a 00ber cool jacket for it.

Oh I think the best buy contest is for either version, CD or vinyl. Alternatively, do best buy physical stores sell vinyl?