PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

So, uh....has anyone talked about what they think of this new album? I have to be honest and say that I am not that impressed. Maybe I am trying too hard to love it, but I just can't get into it. 

I know I've said it before...but this is how I've felt about every album after On Letting Go...

Circa killed it last night, but man they have the worst fans here in texas. There was more punching,passing out, and fighting during their set then title fights. It's like none of the people there have been to a show. Plus I've never seen more cellphones up at once, more recording then watching. 

Also they sold out of lps and cds in the first 30 mins. I cringed afterwords when i saw 3 different people carrying lp's beat to shit from being in the crowd. one dude even tried to get a replacement hahah

I guess that's why their records are so rare, cause all these kids buy the lp's and treat them like shit or hang them on their walls.

They probably don't know you can listen to them. 

So, uh....has anyone talked about what they think of this new album? I have to be honest and say that I am not that impressed. Maybe I am trying too hard to love it, but I just can't get into it. 

I'm really really enjoying the album. Violent Waves was very boring to me and this is much much better IMO. The last track owns.

Circa killed it last night, but man they have the worst fans here in texas. There was more punching,passing out, and fighting during their set then title fights. It's like none of the people there have been to a show. Plus I've never seen more cellphones up at once, more recording then watching. 

Also they sold out of lps and cds in the first 30 mins. I cringed afterwords when i saw 3 different people carrying lp's beat to shit from being in the crowd. one dude even tried to get a replacement hahah

I guess that's why their records are so rare, cause all these kids buy the lp's and treat them like shit or hang them on their walls.

They probably don't know you can listen to them. 

The last few shows I've been to in Austin have been like this. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but the kiddos annoy the shit out of me too. No respect! lol  They were playing at Emo's too. There are in and outs so they easily could have gone and put the record in their car or something, unless they were minors. Kinda glad I skipped out on this show. I've seen Circa plenty of times, and I just got tickets to go see Dave Chappelle on the 14th so funds for shows are limited.

Slowly growing on me more and more, but I wouldn't say I love the album.  Nowhere near the "holy shit" factor that Juturna or On Letting Go has. When I listen to Juturna there's this added vibe/soul to it like poetry or spoken word. Really feels like I'm sharing experiences with someone. Recent efforts from CS just feel like...rock songs.

Still a worthy effort though, and I can appreciate how every album has a totally different vibe.

I feel like this album is going to be a grower. Pretty much every song is different than anything they've done, and personally i find that to be a good thing. My only wish is that the interlude track had more to it, and that the title track's ending wasn't so underwhelming.

I actually love just about every song, current favorite being Sovereign Circle. But I agree completely on Descensus and the interlude. I don't understand why Who Will Lie With Me Now is so short.. Also I love Descensus, but after the first 3 minutes I just wish they had done more.

The first half is good but I feel like songs 6-10 are kinda boring. Violent Waves is much better in my opinion.

I think that may be what I'm feeling...bored. I find the album to be monotonous, and less than halfway through the last song I start to get a headache from it.

I can still listen to BSN and VW and enjoy those albums. I can't with this one, and I hate that I feel this way about it. 

Has anyone else had an issue with side D on the black vinyl? On the last track it has an issue where it gets to the end of the grooves and just keeps playing that last part of the song over and over. As if the end of the track wasn't pressed correctly. Not a total loss, but it kills the vibe when the record ends that way while listening.

I think that may be what I'm feeling...bored. I find the album to be monotonous, and less than halfway through the last song I start to get a headache from it.

I can still listen to BSN and VW and enjoy those albums. I can't with this one, and I hate that I feel this way about it. 

I hate that you feel this way about it, too  :P