PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

this confusion again regarding the Yellow/Black pressing numbers:

https://killermerch.com/artist/CircaSurvive/CircaSurvive-DescensusYellowSplatterVinyl

This Yellow/Black splatter vinyl was an exclusive through Killer Merch for the pre-order bundles. There were only 500 Copies made. After all cancelled and undeliverable orders were processed, we have 27 copies left in the warehouse. None of these were shipped and returned, these are all brand new, and have never been shipped. Once these are gone they are gone forever. 

Same color as the first press that was exclusive to Hot Topic so now there will more than 1000 of that color.

That is super lame and against what a edition size is supposed to represent. If an artist did a giclee print edition of 1000, and then they all sold out, he legally couldn't just print more for the hell of it. I know cause i work in the art industry. 

That is super lame and against what a edition size is supposed to represent. If an artist did a giclee print edition of 1000, and then they all sold out, he legally couldn't just print more for the hell of it. I know cause i work in the art industry. 

That first blue splatter was /1000. This second blue splatter is out of /1000. Never was there mention that it was a one time pressing.

Who cares?

THE HOBBY

That first blue splatter was /1000. This second blue splatter is out of /1000. Never was there mention that it was a one time pressing.

Who cares?

THE HOBBY

The integrity of the whole fucking industry. If you purchase something and are told its of a specific amount, they should stick to that amount. Not just keep printing more. Imagine if all of a sudden Converge decided to reprint their original pressings of the red/orange and rootbeer pressings and make it no different from the original in any way, essentially extending the edition size, I would be fucking livid. 

The integrity of the whole fucking industry. If you purchase something and are told its of a specific amount, they should stick to that amount. Not just keep printing more. Imagine if all of a sudden Converge decided to reprint their original pressings of the red/orange and rootbeer pressings and make it no different from the original in any way, essentially extending the edition size, I would be fucking livid.

Does your record play any different when the pressing numbers go up? Cry me a river.

Agreed.  If HT is repressing, it should be a different color.

But I am mainly pissed because I know people have probably spend a lot more than they should have on ebay acquiring this after is was deemed "sold out." Now their investment is ruined because hottopic decided to just print more instead of create a new variant. I am not one of those people but I feel bad seeing people screwed over. 

Ah. You're a troll. My bad. Carry on.

I am not a troll at all, I collect artwork also and there are always edition sizes on all prints. Your just an idiot if you think they mean nothing. This website is Vinylcollective, a forum site for people who enjoy/collect/listen to vinyl. Why am i a troll because I don't own a record player? You are a joke. 

I am not a troll at all, I collect artwork also and there are always edition sizes on all prints. Your just an idiot if you think they mean nothing. This website is Vinylcollective, a forum site for people who enjoy/collect/listen to vinyl. Why am i a troll because I don't own a record player? You are a joke. 

I don't think Travis ever said the splatter was strictly limited to 1,000 pieces. He's avoided saying stuff like this for a while now.

It's like if a band presses 500 black copies of an album for their first press, sells out, then decides to press 500 more on black. Are you really going to give them shit over something like that? Nope.

investment

investment

investment

investment

investment

What i mean is most things people put money into is an investment. Not all appreciate in value, some depreciate over time, such as clothing. Records usually appreciate in value as time goes on. I in no way meant it in a means of greed, just that a record collection is an investment of money. 

Do you just have a cached version of their site still or is something going on with mine? I click your link and it's still a dead link, probably from them hiding all the vinyl on their site still.