PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

Wowww, didn't expect it to sell out that fast. I'm really glad I didn't hesitate in ordering it. Hopefully more copies will go up again for everyone who didn't get their order in the first time around. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold out that fast, though, considering the hype this album has been getting and how most people (including me) didn't want to order the yellow splatter because of its original price.

That's ridiculous, I've been refreshing the Hot Topic website literally all day and during my seven minute drive home it goes up. I'm frustrated. However, this came today:

yAdqen9.jpg?1

Insert crying face emoji. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go sell this on the bay for, eh, $800?

Amazing! Is there any print on the inside of the gatefold or back? Wish I could have snagged one! Ugh

Unbelievable...placed the order as SOON as I saw it come up here, one for me, one for each of my two friends who I promised I would get it for if I happened to catch it online in time (also texted them the second it came up to tell them I'd managed to get it for them).  It was IN STOCK, I'd already signed up for an account ahead of time to save time/get that 10% sign-up discount code, got ALL the way through the checkout process, clicked "SUBMIT ORDER" and literally nothing happened.  Thought it might be my browser so I tried Firefox...same thing.  Then I *removed* all 3 copies from my cart, went back to the link again where it STILL showed as in stock, and this time tried with PayPal instead of my credit card.  Went through the PayPal screen, logged into PayPal, all fine, then got directed back to HotTopic order process after logging in/confirming the PayPal info, got to the final screen again, clicked "SUBMIT ORDER" button and once again nothing happened.  Here's what it says at the bottom of the screen:

Click submit order only ONCE per order.Each click will be processed as a separate order. The screen may appear inactive while your order is being processed. Please be patient. Your credit card/PayPal will not be charged until the order ships.

So the "The screen may appear inactive while your order is being processed." warning at the bottom made me think it had gone through...I was also simultaneously F5'ing this thread making sure it was still in stock and remember seeing the post "complete circa variant collection lives to see another day   :lol:  " at 9:12PM, F5'd a few minutes later to see "Annnd bought. At least I don't have to F5 that HT page all day tomorrow." and "Got it. More expensive than the black pressing but I think it looks good enough that it's worth it." at 9:15PM and 9:16PM Eastern, respectively.  The first post here saying it was out of stock was at 9:30PM, by which point I'd already ordered the thing in every way possible while it was still in stock.  Around 9:20PM-ish I got fed up, thought it must be my computer, and got out my ancient Macbook, logged in on that, waited forever for it to boot up, tried ordering just 1 and boom, OUT OF STOCK.  I immediately called Hot Topic customer service, told them all this, and was told "yeah, I don't know what to tell you...try again tomorrow?"  After I said that would not work he said alright let me take down your credit card info and order info and address etc and I'll place the order over the phone for you"...so I gave him all that just for him to say at the end "Oh...yeah, that's out of stock, can't order it for you."

I told him multiple times it was in stock and I placed the order, deleted the cart, added them back again and everything and it was still in stock and this original ordering was all (at the time) over 30 minutes ago and began RIGHT after it appeared in stock on the site and he said "alright, well, I'll place it on back order for you so you'll get it as soon as it's back in stock, plus I'll give you free shipping" and I told him I doubt that would work but he said there was nothing else he could do so I said fine...he typed some stuff in and then said "oh, never mind, it's not letting me do that either.  It's out of stock."  I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to and he said "they're just gonna tell you the same thing."  I said I placed the order while it was in stock, tried multiple browsers and methods of payment, and should be able to get this since I'd been waiting so long for it and had tried literally everything to buy it while still in stock to which his response was to ignore all that and reply sarcastically "Anything else I can do for you?"

After missing the test press, lyric bundle, drum head all by seconds and now this...(check my post history)...plus after staying up past 3AM my time for a possible 12:00AM pacific release last night JUST so I wouldn't miss it...and then literally spending half the day researching how to get this thing (again, check my post history), F5'ing a ton of sites, FINALLY finding it and adding it to my cart and checking out exactly when it went online (my browser history shows 8:58PM Eastern as when I visited the mobile link for the purchase, which was posted here by bibLLiosoph 1 minute earlier at 8:57PM Eastern; I checked out using the desktop/web version on my PC less than a few mins later) only to miss it again after all that work just to prevent this from happening...uggggghhhhh.  I feel cursed.

If it is worth anything, I still have the browser window open showing it in my cart on the final checkout screen with the subtotal and everything as well as another browser tab showing 3 of them in my cart after I'd deleted the items and re-added them (it's impossible to access either of these screens anymore now that it's out of stock.)

Screenshot #1 (checkout - blurred out my address/unique promo code number from signing up for HT+1 with the green marker) -

F0BeXTT.png

Screenshot #2: with 3 of them in my cart (also no longer possible to do since selling out)

kpYQPxg.png

The times at the bottom right is when I took the screenshots, not when I placed the orders...those windows are still open from between 8:58PM and 9:15PM Eastern.

Also, yes, I have a ton of tabs open (from all the F5'ing this thread/various other HT vinyl stuff) - it may have been the excess of tabs that caused the "SUBMIT ORDER" button not to work, but everything else went through just fine...

And I also did check both PayPal, my credit card site, and my orders on HotTopic and PayPal shows no payment sent, my credit card shows no payment sent, and HotTopic shows no order history.

Sorry for the rant, but damn, I tried like mad for this thing and missed a ton of other obligations to dedicate time to getting this so it is crazily frustrating to have it fail like this.

Is there anything at all I can do to still get my order through or am I totally screwed?  Anybody at Hot Topic that might be able to help?  It's not even that this was a white whale vinyl for me, it was just I was so determined not to miss it after missing everything else that's the worst part.  

Amazing! Is there any print on the inside of the gatefold or back? Wish I could have snagged one! Ugh

Not a gatefold, actually, it's just the two records shoved in the outer shell. The back is the same as the regular version, albeit black. No numbering. Here's a picture! My phone has been having trouble focusing (needs Adderall) so I apologize for the quality.

58ZGBq7.jpg?2

That's ridiculous, I've been refreshing the Hot Topic website literally all day and during my seven minute drive home it goes up. I'm frustrated. However, this came today:

yAdqen9.jpg?1

Insert crying face emoji. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go sell this on the bay for, eh, $800?

That looks amazing! Mine might get in tomorrow :D.

Oh and only $800? Better got for 1k. Go big or go home. :P

But really, it pissed me off a bit that someone bought one just to flip it but I thought they'd ask for more than $350 with it being a /15

Also, they have two records shoved into a regular LP jacket?