PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

Back on topic: I'm also super excited for this. Saw them a month or two ago and they did play 1 new song. I don't remember what it was called, but it was definitely a slower type song.

Must have been 'Jimi'. Easily one of my favorite new live songs. http://youtu.be/ZuNHMN9nnfc

I remember running into Anthony Green during Coachella and he was telling how this is one of the hardest/heaviest albums that Circa has ever made. He said that a lot of their new fans might not like it cause he's going back to his roots, and will be screaming more. Pretty fucking excited for this album!!

Think there'll be some cool variants?

For VW, all I've seen so far is black. Which is cool and all, but knowing Circa, there's probably a white/green swirl somewhere for this.

If experience has shown anything, it will probably be some super-duper deluxe hand drawn/ written/ painted something with the regular vinyl and signatures from everyone in the band plus those of Abraham Lincoln and Jimi Hendrix. Then it will come  in a wooden box limited to 100 at a cost of $350. That's just a guess though. lol

If experience has shown anything, it will probably be some super-duper deluxe hand drawn/ written/ painted something with the regular vinyl and signatures from everyone in the band plus those of Abraham Lincoln and Jimi Hendrix. Then it will come in a wooden box limited to 100 at a cost of $350. That's just a guess though. lol

That was just for violent waves and anthonys solo release of young legs. Both probably cause they were self released. Knowing how sumerian does their bundles I would think 2 variants maybe? Probably around $30 shipped for a single LP. I would be surprised if they had any hand printed/screen printed stuff. But as stated above, a screen printed for this album would be amazing!

$350??????? JFC

I'm getting pretty excited for this, however. I did pay around $36 for the Crosses 2LP.

Really curious in the price on this. Sumerian wants their money.

Anthony greens hand painted solo album was 350. The hand painted violent waves box was 250 and then their were 11 packages with the hand painted record + a sketch and lyric sheet that were 750 I believe. But being that they are on sumerian it will probably be a standard and colored LP I would imagine.

Considering the album comes out in barely over a month, I highly doubt we'll be seeing any crazy bundles. I just hope the variants are few. I can see them having some kind of package with a t-shirt abd a print or something. I might get that. I hardly ever buy much of anything from Sumerian, so I dunno.

I remember running into Anthony Green during Coachella and he was telling how this is one of the hardest/heaviest albums that Circa has ever made. He said that a lot of their new fans might not like it cause he's going back to his roots, and will be screaming more. Pretty fucking excited for this album!!

This makes me think of 2003 Saosin Translating the Name Anthony Green. To this day, that shit rocks my world so fucking hard. I would love for Circa to take some influences from that and run with it. I know Anthony Green probably won't sing as hard/heavy as he did on that EP, but regardless I'm really fucking excited for some new Circa music. 

This makes me think of 2003 Saosin Translating the Name Anthony Green. To this day, that shit rocks my world so fucking hard. I would love for Circa to take some influences from that and run with it. I know Anthony Green probably won't sing as hard/heavy as he did on that EP, but regardless I'm really fucking excited for some new Circa music.

I really want that EP pressed. That's an amazing EP.

Definitely stoked for this, when they played that new song live it made me really look forward to what the album had in store. I gota say though, i was late to the party and started out with BSN and worked my way back, but apparently, contrary to many, i think BSN is far and away their best work. Every song is fantastic imo and i love that they always play a good amount from that album live.

I was not a huge fan of Blue Sky Noise and I had super high hopes for it. I have only found myself able to play all the way through Violent Waves once. I'm not sure what to expect from this LP but I'm trying not to expect anything so maybe I'll find something to like about the overall effort. We'll see. I'm kind of shocked this announcement comes so close to the projected release date. Seems like a followed BSN's gestation process for over 2 years. That's probably what it was and the announcement was probably at least 6 months prior to release.

I'm the same way but I will say based on the audio snippet and album cover it might just be awesome but I don't want to be let down.

And Damn I just finished up my circa collection gotta add this to it