PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

What in the world is happening?! I'm missing out on all this shit. Someone please spare me your extra download code since I'm giving up hope to get this on vinyl. 

Apparently there was a pressing that was not supposed to hit circulation, and a few were mistakenly shipped out (27ish most likely). It seems anyone who ordered one B/Y record was informed to keep the extra variant, but anyone that ordered over that amount were asked to return the records.

Just about every variant is currently available or will be shortly, Black, Blue, HT Exclusive. The only ones that appear to be "sold out" are the B/Y, and the translucent yellow was simply not supposed to exist (at least not yet). 

this is the response i got when i asked why certain orders were asked to be marked return to sender 

good question, honestly is just cost of shipping. Our manager decided it wasn't worth the cost of issuing out return slips for 1 record so they were told to keep it. If you ordered 2(some people ordered up to 5!) or more records then those customers were asked to return the records. Those multiple records then would then be sold in the future to offset the costs of all the shipping costs we've dealt with in this incident.

this is the response i got when i asked why certain orders were asked to be marked return to sender 

yeah that makes sense, However, there could only have been 1 - 3 people that ordered 5 considering there were only 27 put up.. I ended up getting one of the translucent yellow, they thought they sent me the blue but they forgot to send me the blue all together haha. I think they finally shipped that out today.

So...the customers who only gave them $33.99 get a free record, but those who gave them twice as much (or more) get the shaft? I can see telling the flipper(s) who purchased 5 to send them back, but that's it.

That makes absolutely zero sense. So...the customers who only gave them $33.99 get a free record, but those who gave them twice as much (or more) get the shaft?

I don't think it has so much to do with the fact that those who bought more spent more. It is more along the lines of, it is not worth the time and effort to attempt to recover a single record at a value of $25-$30, but it becomes worth it for them at 2-5. It's all management's decision at that point, so I guess they have their reasons. I'd think out of a pressing of 1000 or 1200 they could write off an amount of 27 records, but then again, I don't work in this space.

I don't think it has so much to do with the fact that those who bought more spent more. It is more along the lines of, it is not worth the time and effort to attempt to recover a single record at a value of $25-$30, but it becomes worth it for them at 2-5. It's all management's decision at that point, so I guess they have their reasons. I'd think out of a pressing of 1000 or 1200 they could write off an amount of 27 records, but then again, I don't work in this space.

I understand the rationale from a financial standpoint, but it's a poor business decision. They're the ones who effed up and sent out the wrong vinyl, and are essentially rewarding those customers who gave them the least amount of revenue.

I understand the rationale from a financial standpoint, but it's a poor business decision. They're the ones who effed up and sent out the wrong vinyl, and are essentially rewarding those customers who gave them the least amount of revenue.

I agree that it is probably a poor decision to try and recover a hand full of records, especially when they technically shouldn't exist and they aren't even allowed to make them available for purchase until the label "okays" it. But then again, it's not my inventory.

What's the complete pressing info on this now? This thread is a clusterfuck if you don't keep up for a few days. I'm not reading five or six pages to find out what the fuck is going on with this.

HT Splatter Repress Coming in a month or two

Killer Merch has 500 out of 1500 Trans Blue (dont know where the other 1000 are)

Killer Merch accidentally shipped out Trans Yellow (no release info as of now)

Are they waiting to receive the incorrect record before they send the ones you all ordered? If not just keep the damn things and stop whining. If so, then they are smarter than some of the big merch stores I've dealt with and you don't get something you didn't pay for anyways so stop whining!

To my knowledge they sent out all of the ordered records as soon as they realized there was a problem, not waiting for the returned items. I'm sure some will keep ones that were requested to be returned.

What's the complete pressing info on this now? This thread is a clusterfuck if you don't keep up for a few days. I'm not reading five or six pages to find out what the fuck is going on with this.

HT Splatter Repress Coming in a month or two

Killer Merch has 500 out of 1500 Trans Blue (dont know where the other 1000 are)

Killer Merch accidentally shipped out Trans Yellow (no release info as of now)

I was told Trans Yellow is /1200, Although it has not been released as the label has not approved it yet.

So...

2000 HT blue/white

1000 black/yellow

~~ black

1500 random ass blue

1200 or more random ass yellow

Sound about right? So there's five variants of this album now? Meaning I'll have six copies of this 2xLP if I get them all. I think I'm just going to get a black/yellow and sell off some recent represses of OLG/Juturna. This is too much.