DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Dude, the title says "starring Jimmy Kimmel". Kind of a big hint. :D

I'm on the mobile forum, all I saw was a still of Clark talking to Bruce with the title "Deleted scene from Batman...". Surely you can see how someone would think that it was a video of a deleted scene from Batman vs Superman! Sorry for trying to live a spoiler free lifestyle guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Hasn't someone seen an advanced showing at this point and reviewed? I don't really want to know anything more than "it rocked" or "it was a letdown" but I would kinda like to know whether to temper expectations or not.

I'm going tomorrow night! I know with many professional reviewers / fan sites, there is an embargo on when they can post reviews. I got an advance screening pass from when they released the trailer last year in imax theaters. Kind of disappointed it's a 10:00 showing, and not a normal evening 7:00 or 8:00, but I'll take it. I'll let you know.

i think that's where i'm at too. watchmen was critically panned too, and i loved it.

I will give you that Watchmen was a great film if you are a Watchmen fan, for the mainstream audiences, it's a long and tedious film. You can say that Snyder has fine moments in his films but they never pack enough substance over his flash. In that film, he could avoid that issue because it's literally the book onscreen mostly other than the ending. But who knows, I'm seeing this Friday morning so hopefully my mind will change haha.

Yeah, people think that score means that's how good the movie is. But that's not what the score means: it's how many reviewers recommend the movie. Not that that means the movie is great, just doesn't mean people are giving it a 3 out of 10.

Also, I have a big feeling this is going to be one of those movies where the general audience rating is much much higher than the critic rating. Critics like Marvel movies and the tone and jokiness of those movies, and from what I can tell, this is NOT that kind of movie. Oh well. I'm still going to go see it. I've never been one to see something based upon critic reviews. I just use them to either temper my expectations of get super psyched. So, I'll temper my expectations on this one. That being said, I liked Man of Steel and critics didn't like that either so...who knows?