DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Movie was pretty good. Boring at the beginning. Lex was the worst part about the movie. I loved wonder woman though. The fight scenes were good. Overall, they tried to cram a lot of stuff into one movie. They should have done a solo batman movie with Ben first! This movie will not be 1/2 as good as Civil War is going to be! 

The Nolan batman movies

I love those movies, but there are plenty if you break it down, especially TDKR. (I'm sure there are hundreds of youtube videos already doing that).

I think a lot of people went into this movie wanting to pick it apart and find things wrong with it. Which is totally fine for people to do, but they shouldn't be so outraged when they don't like a movie that they want to be bad.

I love those movies, but there are plenty if you break it down, especially TDKR. (I'm sure there are hundreds of youtube videos already doing that).

I think a lot of people went into this movie wanting to pick it apart and find things wrong with it. Which is totally fine for people to do, but they shouldn't be so outraged when they don't like a movie that they want to be bad.

Every single action movie has this issue. That's not the problem. The better a movie is, the less you notice those things, especially during the first viewing. (this is coming from a big DC fan that never cared for marvel growing up). This is usually not an issue when I've watched any of the Marvel Studio movies. They're fun and not too complicated. Nowhere near perfect or realistic. Age of Ultron bothered me the same way BvS did, but to a much smaller extent. It tried to do too much and it hurt the flow of the movie. BvS was just a god damn mess. I was constantly confused and distracted by the flow of the movie that it brought me out of it. I really tried to like it. By the end i did not care about any of the characters. I felt no connection to any of them. And I wanted to like them all.

I was so confused when Superman died, I didn't even care.

Fuck the haters. I loved it. Ben Affleck was awesome.

I honestly haven't seen anyone really complaining about Affleck. I thought he was good. It's his lines and everyone elses lines that were garbage. Honeslty... what was to like about this mess of a movie? I think anyone who says they liked it liked the idea of it. They like seeing Batman and Superman on screen together. Once you get past that, it's so disappointingly bad.

Lots of spoilers:

The reason they fight is so lazy and stupid. There have been countless better stories of Batman and Superman conflict. Batman is supposed to be the world's greatest detective and even he couldn't figure out the plot of this movie. 

Why do Alfred and Batman basically seem the same age?

What was with the dude in the wheelchair and the senator with the lisp? A white dude in a wheelchair who lost his legs while Superman was saving the world is what got the country to wonder if Superman was a threat?

The plotline with lex going to the ship underwater with zod to create swampthing, i mean doomsday, was the stupidest, most ridiculous thing ever.

Lex was a mumbling idiot. Lex should always be endearing and seem like smartest person in the room and he was just a brat with mental health issues. And the origin of Lex being balled is because he was shaved in prison? WTF?

I laughed out loud more than I care to admit because the plot and dialogue just got more and more ridiculous as the movie went on.

Superman just fucking dies? Seriously?

Bruce to Diana: "We're gonna need to find more people like you and be ready to fight" Diana: "Why?" Bruce: "I gotta feeling". Fuck right off. 

This movie's tagline should be "A justice league movie is coming whether you like it or not. Deal with it."

Maybe I'll post more thoughts later when not on a phone but nope, liked it. I liked man of steel as well.

Maybe I stand out as a hater cause of the Star Wars thread haha but not really when it comes to movies

I thought Man Of Steel was pretty good for a Superman movie because I've really never loved any Superman movie. My favorite Superman was Smallville. Besides some filler episodes, a couple rough seasons, and some bad teen drama, the portrayal of all the characters was so well done. Man of Steel took some good notes from Smallville that I think saved the movie. But Zack Snyder is incapable of making a great comic book movie. I thought this movie could've built off of MoS and made something pretty good, but the result was far worse than I could've imagined. The script was just so lazy and the whole movie felt like it was thrown together very quickly and the execution of most of the plot points that could've worked was just so sloppy. 

DC's biggest mistake was not retroactively setting TDK trilogy in this new DC universe. Ben Affleck worked as an older, retired Bruce Wayne that sees Superman come on the scene in the events of MoS and it brings him back in to investigate and learn more about him. While the world debates the merits of a Superman, Bruce (the great detective that he is) monitors Superman and figures out who he is. Meanwhile Lex is attempting to draw Superman out and make him appear weak and question whether or not he's hurting or helping. Meanwhile, Lex appears to the public as a good guy philanthropist that takes advantage of the public's trust. Bruce uncovers some bad shit about Lex and Superman who sees Lex as a good "normal" guy is turned against Batman.... Something to that effect.

It was just so messy trying to create this new Batman and tell his story.

So I just finished watching Batman v Superman. It's not as bad as people are hearing. But to be honest, they weren't kidding with the extra subtitle Dawn of Justice. They try and shove it down our throats that it suffocates the main plot of this film, which is pretty bad at best. I really wanted to like this film, especially whenever Batfleck appeared, but Emo Superman makes the whole affair seem like a chore to watch. Plus, pacing was so off at times, which is crazy for a film that's 2 and a half hours already. The fights, Wonder Woman, and the new Batman are the highlights but everything else...oof. I hope you guys are ready for another Bat-trilogy cause it's going to happen now probably. Also WB, please replace Zack Snyder. That is all. 6/10