DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i don't think there should be a nightwing or redhood without a robin first. 

henry cavill has already desrcibed this movie as "an introduction to batman". We already know they shot the scene of bruce's parent's murder; i think there's going to be a lot of flashbacks. i'd be content with a robin flashback storyline. 

but i hate the idea that "robin can't be done in live action". i believe it can be done right and i really want to see it be done right to give birth to nightwing and i really wouldnt even mind a badass batgirl. 

that being said, all the batman characters + JLU will become too much too fast. 

Isn't Nightwing just Dick Grayson (Robin) as he grows out of his boy wonder-ness and strikes out on his own? And Red Hood is Bruce's kid, yeah? But he's still kind of Robin?

In most comics, Red Hood is the Joker and then Jason Todd (Robin #2) after he is murdered by The Joker (Red Hood #1). JT comes back from the dead, beats the shit out of joker, steels the hood, goes after Batman for not avenging his death. yadda yadda yadda

In most comics, Red Hood is the Joker and then Jason Todd (Robin #2) after he is murdered by The Joker (Red Hood #1). JT comes back from the dead, beats the shit out of joker, steels the hood, goes after Batman for not avenging his death. yadda yadda yadda

See? This would be a great lead in to and AWESOME Batman movie.

It is an awesome Batman movie: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Under-Red-Hood-Blu-ray/dp/B003ITZBVI/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-2&qid=1437020767

Not kidding, it's really great. Highly recommended. 

I'll have to watch it! BUT. Also a live action one would be awesome.

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i don't think there should be a nightwing or redhood without a robin first. 

I think we will get a flashback in SS or the standalone. With Redhood or possibly no one at all. I just cant see Robin being thrown in when JLU is going to be on its way. Robin has never been a part of cannon JL. Robin can be done but these darker tones dont fit well with classic Robin. They would need to nail the costume and his personality/backstory.

I think nixing Robin as being killed by Joker gives this new Batman an emotional backstory to make him more violent and angry. More of a The Dark Night Returns style Batman.

But it requires lazarus pits to be accepted as part of the storyline. 

If the cave scene in the SS trailer is foreshadowing magical elements for Enchantress then I dont see Lazarus pits being too far off the radar for these new movies. Im ok with it.