PO: Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love

tape

I love when they complain about a pop or slight surface noise. They think everything should be perfect. It's funny that mist of them are older so you think they would recall how poor some records were in 70 or 80s

some people on that board literally return everything. And they have to discuss every detail. If it's a record that isn't recorded and mastered analog..it has to sound like crap..right?

I swear they are more concerned with levels and stuff than the actual music. Way too obsessive

They care more about the process of listening to music than they do about the music itself. 

That could also be applied to some members here though, surely?

I do like the Steve Hoffman forum, mostly for the Album by Album threads and the other conversational threads. I don't really give a shit about the audiophile side of things so I just ignore all of that. There's a lot to ignore.

I'm a member here and there. I genuinely despise some of the members there and their concern about equipment, and burn-in, and running the right power cables, and room correction and all that crap. Put the record on (even if it was digitally sourced), turn it up, and enjoy.

Anyway, this album rocks. Even my girlfriend likes it.

• 2 weeks later...

sub pop is pressing replacement copies. i wrote them asking and they put me on the list to get one. they said some, but not all, have mfg defects.

are you talking about white copies? I'd love a replacement for mine as it's got noise on both sides (though the album rocks so hard I only notice it between tracks).