MEGA msale at ccmusic.com

DC1221

Ordered the Beatles mono box because I know I'd be kicking myself if it never gets this low again. Gonna have to stop buying vinyl for awhile now but who cares.

To people who ordered the Beatles box: Since it ships UPS (I think), did you receive a tracking number when it shipped? I'd like to know when to be home so I can sign for the package.

The site's order/shipping interface is buggy and very 1998. Worth it though for records at 60% retail. On the other end of the spectrum, Insound charges 120% retail with expensive shipping and they re-invested that net profit into a new website.

I feel like insound's prices are better than they used to be, but I stopped ordering from them as every order arrived with dinged corners.  

My order was shipped yesterday. I think I'm going to jump on a second order and get every record I want (that's in stock). Talked to my girlfriend and she's down to get some for my birthday & Christmas because she goes to the stores with me and sees how much each record usually costs. 

I'm about to purchase:

Dirt - Alice in Chains

Vapours - Islands

Tical - Method Man

In Search Of - N.E.R.D.

Ten - Pearl Jam

Doggystyle - Snoop Dogg

All for $111

My order of 6 items arrived yesterday.  Well packed - no complaints there. 

However, with the shipping system they use to Canada, I got dinged about $24 for taxes and brokerage fees.  I still have about $300 worth of stuff in a wish list and called to ask if they would ship via USPS ('cause that almost always avoids the tax and there is not a broker).  They said they would do it but they would charge an extra $7 per order plus $2 per item (or $19 on a 6 item order).  That really eats into the savings.   

My order of 6 items arrived yesterday.  Well packed - no complaints there. 

However, with the shipping system they use to Canada, I got dinged about $24 for taxes and brokerage fees.  I still have about $300 worth of stuff in a wish list and called to ask if they would ship via USPS ('cause that almost always avoids the tax and there is not a broker).  They said they would do it but they would charge an extra $7 per order plus $2 per item (or $19 on a 6 item order).  That really eats into the savings.   

That sucks. I assume I will be getting my order today or tomorrow and can now expect to be hit with the same duties... This will be my first record order ever with a duty fee

Ugh. I have 4 LPs, 1 double LP, and 1 7" on the way. I reeeeally hope it's going via USPS and I don't get dinged with these fees. Kinda defeats the purpose of ordering all these items on the basis of the sale. Is there anyway to determine shipping method based on the confirmation email?

All the people talking about fees are from Canada or Europe. I think people in the US should be fine.

As long as you did not have a big amount of records (over 5 I'd say), your stuff should have been sent USPS, so you should be good.

If your shipping confirmation has a tracking number, I'm pretty sure it was sent via UPS.  I just got off the phone with them and despite what I was told a couple of hours ago, they will not ship anything to Canada via USPS.  For any amount of money.     

I agree US should be fine.

Ordered on the 24th, shipped on the 28th.

Thanks.

My order, which was supposedly cancelled, was shipped on the 23rd. They will just send me a return sticker so they can refund me the amount charged to my CC. i was given a seven digit tracking which does not work and their system is a bit dated since it wont show any updated since the time they shipped the items.  Will just wait and see... btw, im from Canada and also worried that might be hit with customs, etc

If your shipping confirmation has a tracking number, I'm pretty sure it was sent via UPS.  I just got off the phone with them and despite what I was told a couple of hours ago, they will not ship anything to Canada via USPS.  For any amount of money.     

I agree US should be fine.

Hmm, that is unfortunate. I did not have a proper tracking number in my shipping confirmation however.

All the people talking about fees are from Canada or Europe. I think people in the US should be fine.

I am located in Toronto :/