will you going to see Warped Tour 13th ?

i start to obsess in punk,hardcore since 1997.

i never visit the states before but hope i have a chance in the nearly time and i always envy american audiences that you have a chance to see many good summer rock festival.....like Warped Tour.

who will join Warped ?

if you won't,what's festival that you plan to see ?

sound of the undersground,saints and sinner,ozz fest or etc...

let me envy you...

I'm gonna be 'that guy' and say it: The last good warped tour was 1999, I've been to two since and its just not the same. Anyone else feel that the turn of the century was a bad one for that tour or am I just gonna become that guy in his 20's who bitches about how it used to be when he was punk in highschool.

I'm gonna be 'that guy' and say it: The last good warped tour was 1999, I've been to two since and its just not the same. Anyone else feel that the turn of the century was a bad one for that tour or am I just gonna become that guy in his 20's who pregnant doges about how it used to be when he was punk in highschool.

I agree, and on another note.

I have noticed none of the bands carrying special releases or tour vinyl, or actually selling any records. I was told it was because of the fear they could melt, get distorted, warped or whatever due to the heat. And plus who at warped tour could carry vinyl around all those dirty little kids all day and expect it to make it out in decent condition.

maybe i am wrong i dont know.

I'm gonna be 'that guy' and say it: The last good warped tour was 1999, I've been to two since and its just not the same. Anyone else feel that the turn of the century was a bad one for that tour or am I just gonna become that guy in his 20's who pregnant doges about how it used to be when he was punk in highschool.

I agree, and on another note.

I have noticed none of the bands carrying special releases or tour vinyl, or actually selling any records. I was told it was because of the fear they could melt, get distorted, warped or whatever due to the heat. And plus who at warped tour could carry vinyl around all those dirty little kids all day and expect it to make it out in decent condition.

maybe i am wrong i dont know.

I agree with both, and haven't been to a warped in about 8 years. also, I would never buy vinyl at the warped tour, that place is so nasty.

I was thinking about going to SOTU to see Darkest Hour, but I probably won't 'cause I suck.

festivals are too expensive for how many good bands are generally on them. and i hate standing around all day, walking from stage to stage just to miss the bands you really wanted to see. oh, and the grimey dust snot you get from randall's island is the worst. forget about warped. id rather pay for ten shows to see the bands i like than go to a 1,2 or three day festival.

I'll be at the Chicago and Cleveland dates. Thankfully neither is in a field/dustbowl, so it doesn't get too gross.

I've gone every year since '97, too. And while everyone bitches every single year about the lineup, there's always 8-12 bands you want to go watch (and a handful you'll stumble upon that will entertain you, too). If you were a fan of all 100+ bands playing, it would be absolute misery choosing who to watch and who to skip. I'm glad there's only a handful of bands each year I care about, it makes my day much easier.

I'll admit i missed my first one in about ten years last summer, and i haven't missed it. i likely won't be able to afford to go this year (the nearest date is an eight hour drive away), and i don't think i'll miss it. i've never regretted going per se, but the number of bands worth seeing has been diminishing steadily since the first time i went.

and for the record, i have seen vinyl there, but i think it might have only been one time: alkaline trio selling the skiba/seconds split LP. should've bought it and didn't.

ive been to at least one show every year since the 2nd one. Ive never not had a good time. Ive done at least 2 weeks every year since 2003 (and that summer we did the whole thing) and its always a party.. the 3rd stages always have the best bands.. treephort, the phenomenauts, beret!, arrogant sons of bitches, and other bizarre shit, and plus we've been fortunate enough to have a handful of bands from our label play over the last couple years.

its all what you make of it, the bands arent always the greatest, but theres so much fun to be had in people watching, and running into old friends.

i went 2 years ago because my friends band was playing, so we all got free tickets, parking and back stage passes and it still wasnt that fun. The florida dates are usually Sunny, about 95 degrees and it rains for atleast an hour then gets really humid and even hotter and most of the venues are parking lots (blacktops) or dirt fields that turn to mud. It just got to large to be fun now.

yeah, the venue i go to ALWAYS gets bad weather. a guy i know almost lost an eye because there was a ridiculous wind storm during rancid and bad religion's sets (probably five+ years ago) and he got so much shit blown into his eyeball. thus, i've discovered the one place never to hold an outdoor concert/festival: a racetrack on the dusty prairies of alberta, canada.

theres a few bands im interested in seeing at warped but nothing that really gets me that excited. ill still go cause i always go though its something entertaining whether or not the lineup sucks. i was thinking about seeing sounds of the underground but probably wont end up going just cause id be going to mainly see every time i die and ive seen them quite a bit already

a guy i know almost lost an eye because there was a ridiculous wind storm during rancid and bad religion's sets (probably five+ years ago) and he got so much nuts blown into his eyeball.

Sometimes this board makes things a lot gayer with its censoring.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^