Caspian - Live At Larcom Theater - 10yr Anniversary Show

• 2 months later...

2/3xLP + Blue-Ray? Similar to the live MONO record maybe? That's what I'd love to see!

I would go nuts on that.

Honestly, I still revisit the South Church recording quite a bit.  I probably would have grabbed a vinyl press of Larcom, but I'm way happier with a Blu-Ray recording.  Especially since I'll be throwing more money at Caspian for vinyl, later this year.

• 2 months later...

So after watching the incredible blu-ray performance of this show, I'm left wondering what the story is with the opening track. The jacket lists it as Cigarette. I had never heard it before, but holy smokes. It starts off pretty mellow but gets incredibly massive in scope; a real slow burner, for sure. I think I'm hooked.

I think I saw that Cigarette is from their original demo CD or something? Or maybe it was their first EP? I remember seeing the tracklisting & wondering about that track as well so I looked up what it was from.

I'm still waiting for my bluray to show up & I'm dying to watch this thing.

EDIT: Looks like it's from a "Tour EP". http://www.last.fm/music/Caspian/Tour+EP

Currently watching this now. Holy crap it's good.

That crowd tho. Other than a few guys up front, most of them are just standing there. I'm restraining myself from rocking the hell out on my couch. I'll never understand going to a concert & not moving a muscle. Even bands I hate usually get a head nod out of me, because it's MUSIC. This band deserves legions of passionate fans that go ape shit for them like they do for us.

Because standing and listening to the music isn't what you are supposed to be doing? I hate the fact that people think I am being disrespectful and not enjoying it, when 100% of my attention is aimed towards the band and the music they are playing. I feel bands like this require that kind of atmosphere and attention but just my two cents.