Why is it that System of a Down never has represses?

There are only rare picture discs for the latest three albums, two presses of Toxicity and no official pressing of the self-titled. 

I asked travis a while ago if they could have Hot Topic do some presses, and he said no, but never said why not. 

What's the problem? Is there some copyright issue? They're relatively popular and best-selling artists, so why does nobody want to issue their vinyl?

i've got the mezmerize picture disc. it's one of my first vinyl reccords, so not in perfect condition.

perhaps the music on vinyl release is coming in the future , i wrote them today, hope to get an answer soon.

here's the link, the release date shouldn't be the real deal.

http://www.cede.de/en/music/?branch_sub=4&view=detail&id=1089128&branch=1

There are only rare picture discs for the latest three albums, two presses of Toxicity and no official pressing of the self-titled. 

I asked travis a while ago if they could have Hot Topic do some presses, and he said no, but never said why not. 

What's the problem? Is there some copyright issue? They're relatively popular and best-selling artists, so why does nobody want to issue their vinyl?

I dunno why, I was talking with them about a few things and SOAD vinyl came up and they said don't even ask...so I didnt.

Would be cool to see it happen at some point.

...and they said don't even ask...so I didnt.

Were they reaching into their jacket when they said this?  I don't want to see anybody get hurt, but I'd like to know why.  Sounds like serious business.

Forever regretting borrowing a friend my copies of Toxicity & Iowa...  Needless to say it's gotta be 10 years later & I never saw either one again.  

Were they reaching into their jacket when they said this? I don't want to see anybody get hurt, but I'd like to know why. Sounds like serious business.

Forever regretting borrowing a friend my copies of Toxicity & Iowa... Needless to say it's gotta be 10 years later & I never saw either one again.

It took me multiple readthroughs to understand that you lent a friend your copies and never saw them again, rather than you borrowed a copy from your friend and somehow never saw them again. Words, man, they have meanings.

I would snag a nice, basic S/T press on standard gram, single LP in a regular weight jacket for about $15 brand new.... but I think we all know how it would really be if that album were pressed.

If Toxicity were pressed that way as well and priced accordingly, I'd grab one... maybe. S/T is where this band truly shines though.

i've got the mezmerize picture disc. it's one of my first vinyl reccords, so not in perfect condition.

perhaps the music on vinyl release is coming in the future , i wrote them today, hope to get an answer soon.

here's the link, the release date shouldn't be the real deal.

http://www.cede.de/en/music/?branch_sub=4&view=detail&id=1089128&branch=1

Ah good, it wasn't just me that seen this on Cede then!