241396.jpg

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-241396-kyle-kinane-whiskey-icarus-lp.aspx

Kyle Kinane is one of the best stand up comedians working today. He's an amazing comic and just a great dude. His album Whiskey Icarus was on numerous end of year best of lists when it was first released in 2012 and is finally seeing a vinyl release via Comedy Central Records.

If you're not familiar, here's a clip from Whiskey Icarus

I haven't really seen any recent stand up on vinyl, this is cool. Crossing fingers for Louis C.K. at some point.

There's a lot of standup on vinyl nowadays. Vagrant (I think) just put out Oh My God by Louis CK, Subpop put out Sarah Silverman's latest. A company called Stand Up! Records has released stuff by Patton Oswalt, Lewis Black, David Cross, Kinane's first album, and a ton of others. AST is another standup label that has done Jonah Ray and Jimmy Pardo. Third Man has stuff by Bill Burr, Rory Scovel, and Neil Hamburger. And Comedy Central Records this year alone has pressed Jim Gaffigan, Marc Maron, and now Kinane.

Sorry for the list, I'm a comic and have a big collection of standup on vinyl (pretty much everything I listed and then some), so I just like to let people know that it's out there.

There's a lot of standup on vinyl nowadays. Vagrant (I think) just put out Oh My God by Louis CK, Subpop put out Sarah Silverman's latest. A company called Stand Up! Records has released stuff by Patton Oswalt, Lewis Black, David Cross, Kinane's first album, and a ton of others. AST is another standup label that has done Jonah Ray and Jimmy Pardo. Third Man has stuff by Bill Burr, Rory Scovel, and Neil Hamburger. And Comedy Central Records this year alone has pressed Jim Gaffigan, Marc Maron, and now Kinane.

Sorry for the list, I'm a comic and have a big collection of standup on vinyl (pretty much everything I listed and then some), so I just like to let people know that it's out there.

THANK YOU FOR THIS. Will pick up both Kinane, Gaffigan and Louie. Plus the first Aziz Ansari special is on vinyl. Link me to some of your material, dude. Stand up is so important to me. I wish Christopher Titus would be pressed.

• 5 weeks later...

This came in yesterday, and aparently it's black w/ yellow splatter. Really nice packaging all around on this one.

10817954_599728340133236_606165982_n.jpg

Fuck yeah! I'm glad it turned out well. Mine should be arriving tomorrow. I just got the both variants of his split 7", now I just need to get the 2 variants of his first album that I don't have and I'll have the complete Kinane.

Got to see him earlier this year. Great comic!

He's the absolute best right now IMO. I performed with him a few times last year and he is the funniest dude and the nicest guy.