PO: To Destroy a City - Sunless FFO- Helios, Hammock, Lights Out Asia

a2491061696_10.jpg

I know there's a good bit of VC users who are into post-rock, so I feel that this is a good fit here.  I already pre-ordered it and it came out to 25 bucks with shipping so it's reasonably priced with a good shipping rate.

"Sophomore albums can be a tough proposition, often created in a much shorter time span than the years of refinement most debut albums receive. Chicago based trio To Destroy A City dropped such a perfected debut in 2011 that fans have collectively held their breath for the follow-up. However, unlike some artists who rush into the studio to complete their sophomore release, TDAC has taken nearly three years to craft their follow-up: SUNLESS. The time and effort shows in the nine cinematically crafted tracks. At times SUNLESS is more electronic leaning than its predecessor, yet is still punctuated with sheets of glacially emotive guitar-work. Intricate electronic beats give way to propulsive live drumming. The synths, while more prominent this time out, fit effortlessly into the TDAC framework. SUNLESS is an album of contrasting moods, though the trio transitions between these moods more gently than their peers. Is SUNLESS 'better' than the trio's debut? Both are equally strong, which is no small feat. But one thing is for sure: it is a move onward and upward into an expansiveness that they have only hinted at previously. A must-have for fans of God is an Astronaut, Hammock, and Lights Out Asia"

Stream Last Contact from Sunless

https://todestroyacity.bandcamp.com/

Sunless Black 180 Gram - /100

http://n5mailorder.com/release/2346&zenid=c986cdc735efec048a1e6e720eb31ff6/to-destroy-a-city-SUNLESS-2XLP-black

0003872368_10.jpg

Sunless Splatter - /150 

http://n5mailorder.com/release/2345/to-destroy-a-city-SUNLESS-2XLP-splatter

0003872362_10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following their new songs, I'm pretty excited for it overall, I honest loved their last album so this is exciting to actually see new music from them. I hope they will tour as well to my area. Also the splatter even though it's not the most limited looks amazing, I just couldn't pass it up when I preordered it.

I got this in my email today, I don't really have a concern for the wait but it's nice to see labels do stuff like this.

"Greetings

You are receiving this mail as you preordered the SUNLESS vinyl from To Destroy A City's Bandcamp, n5MD Bandcamp page, or n5Mailorder.

Upon them not arriving at n5HQ this week I inquired with the plant about their possible arrival and was extremely shocked (and disappointed) to find out there was a delay in the manufacture of the LPs. So much so that they are saying that the LPs will not hit our shore until early-mid January. I have inquired about the album being pushed up the cue and was told that the plant was "already at capacity". I will personally keep trying to get them sooner. But I do need to let you know that they will not be arriving until Jan at the latest.

Later today I will be sending you all codes to download the album in the format of your choice via bandcamp. I think giving you these, a bit in advance, is the very least I can do. However since you did preorder with the belief that you would be getting the album very soon i'd like to offer up a CD copy for any of you that would like a hard copy to listen to while we all wait for the LPs to arrive. I would of course ship this out at our cost no matter where you are.

If you feel this is too long of a wait and would like to cancel your order. I will of course (regrettably) send on a full refund.

I'd like to personally apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause.

kind regards,

-Mike Cadoo"

If anyone's on the fence about this, you can PM me for a Bandcamp download code. I've listened to this twice through now and it's far exceeded my expectations (which were admittedly pretty low, since their S/T was boring as anything). They've gotten rid of a lot of their electronic stuff, created some huge builds, and sprinkled in some gorgeous piano pieces. Definitely gonna be on my AOTY list.