Mystery Trades

sillybarry

I'm not sure if this will go over well here or not but I've done this before with good results .

It goes like this... I post an album that I don't mind trading away. First person to say they want it, I mail them the record. PM me that you received it. Then you mail me back a (mystery to me) album of similar value. If you want to ask the sender what types of music they like that's cool as long as there is some level of surprise to what you send in return.

A certain level of trust is obviously involved but so are most transactions here. I do request that the receiver have some rep/feedback that's fairly positive or at least a longtime active member of VC.

I'll start this off with:

Give Up The Ghost - Background Music - EVR-62 - First Pressing (under that name) - clear - /500 + a couple mailer filler LPs. (US shipping only)

James Champ... If you get involved in a trade like this your obviously not a stickler for an exact dollar value. People I have done this with in the past have all been very generous in the return trades. They are getting a record they want and trading it for a valuable record that they probably will not play. If you get me.

I have kinda-done this 5 times in the past. In forums if someone is looking for an album that I have, I have sent them the requested album and asked them to just send me something weird... 4 times turned out amazing... 1 just straight up weird as I was sent a live Japanese psych album (Carmen Maki & Oz - Live)... its cool but odd. 

Not particularly, but it depends.  Like, I have no idea how much that record is worth.

a record is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. maybe just average all the prices on discogs? 

Here's the cheapest you can buy it on Discogs right now:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3330187?ev=rb

That's what I would use as a gauge.

this is the Give Up The Ghost version NOT the American Nightmare version

to make this a little more interesting I am also offering up the mentioned above:

Carmen Maki & Oz - Live 2LP set - MKA 9003/4 - 1978 - has OBI strip.. this album sounds kinda like Iron Butterfly with a female Japanese singer

i'll participate. these are all from a random grab bag i got from relapse records. i dont play any of these and they are all in NM-M condition

Agenda Of Swine - Waves Of Human Suffering | 1st Press | orange | /300

Broughton’s Rules - Bounty Hunter 1853 | 1st Press | Tan | /448

Genghis Tron - Board Up The House Remixes Vol. 3 | 1st Press | Transparent red w/ blue splatter | /1000

Inevitable End - The Severed Inception | 1st Press | 180g black | /500

Inverloch - Dusk Subside | 1st Press | Black w/ b side etching | /1000

Kingdom Of Sorrow - Behind The Blackest Tears EP | 1st Press | black 180g | /500

Primate - Draw Back A Stump | 1st or 2nd (they pressed it twice on the same color) | /500 or /496

Titan - Sweet Dreams | 1st Press | Black 180g | /631

Weapon - Embers And Revelations | 1st Press | Maroon | /500

a good chunk of these are found very easily on relapses store so that can help with an idea of what they are worth but honestly im just looking to get rid of these.

i feel like this should only be open for people with so much feedback through VC. that way we know they will actually send something. or atleast have them send it first and provide a tracking number. i can also see people getting like 20 dollar records and then sending a dollar bin thing and justifying it by saying "well its a mystery trade" or something.

i'll participate. these are all from a random grab bag i got from relapse records. i dont play any of these and they are all in NM-M condition

Agenda Of Swine - Waves Of Human Suffering | 1st Press | orange | /300

Broughton’s Rules - Bounty Hunter 1853 | 1st Press | Tan | /448

Genghis Tron - Board Up The House Remixes Vol. 3 | 1st Press | Transparent red w/ blue splatter | /1000

Inevitable End - The Severed Inception | 1st Press | 180g black | /500

Inverloch - Dusk Subside | 1st Press | Black w/ b side etching | /1000

Kingdom Of Sorrow - Behind The Blackest Tears EP | 1st Press | black 180g | /500

Primate - Draw Back A Stump | 1st or 2nd (they pressed it twice on the same color) | /500 or /496

Titan - Sweet Dreams | 1st Press | Black 180g | /631

Weapon - Embers And Revelations | 1st Press | Maroon | /500

a good chunk of these are found very easily on relapses store so that can help with an idea of what they are worth but honestly im just looking to get rid of these.

I know they did some Windhand releases, any of these bands comparable?