PO Soon: Interstellar Soundtrack

soundtrack leaked and it's fantastic. can't wait for my super deluxe copy to arrive. hoping that the digital download that they send on tuesday will have all the extras.

I'm tempted to get the deluxe copy as well. Please let me know your thoughts on the DTS surround mix. Is it truly 5.1? 

Can confirm.

Soundtrack is amazing

I guess the movie is alright, too..

Visually and sonically this film is definitely top tier. Story-wise, it's very much comparable to Sunshine. Least it had a decent plot unlike Gravity, which was also praised for being a sonic and visual experience as well.

I'm tempted to get the deluxe copy as well. Please let me know your thoughts on the DTS surround mix. Is it truly 5.1? 

dude the surround sound is marvelous. it's actually 11.1 surround... and just fucking wow. you have to download an app on your mobile device and then you get a download code to access it within the app. i'm using my ATH-M50x's and it sounds absolutely breathtakingly epic. unreal.

dude the surround sound is marvelous. it's actually 11.1 surround... and just fucking wow. you have to download an app on your mobile device and then you get a download code to access it within the app. i'm using my ATH-M50x's and it sounds absolutely breathtakingly epic. unreal.

You weren't joking, this thing is amazing!

For anyone that felt it was a sin that this cue was missing from the main score tracklist, here it is recreated by someone who managed to mix tracks very well. You'll know what I'm talking about the minute you play this track. Supposedly, Hans is going to release this cue from free sometime later because of the demand for it, but this will do for now. 

https://soundcloud.com/tyler-srinivasaraghavan/spinning-dock

For anyone that felt it was a sin that this cue was missing from the main score tracklist, here it is recreated by someone who managed to mix tracks very well. You'll know what I'm talking about the minute you play this track. Supposedly, Hans is going to release this cue from free sometime later because of the demand for it, but this will do for now. 

https://soundcloud.com/tyler-srinivasaraghavan/spinning-dock

Wow, how on (or off?) earth was this track missing from the official soundtrack? By far the most intense track in the movie.

all this talk, got me to preorder that deluxe set, which looks awesome!! 

Ihave already listened through the score on both that app, and downloaded files that came instantly.  Incredible.  Really,

although I will say, i am glad the files from the app were free, because using the same headphones at the same level with both them and download, I am not hearing enough of an improvement that would have justified paying for the music again.  Plus the app had a tendency to stutter on some of the track changes, and stopped all together twice towards the end.  The introduction is cool though...

but music-wise.  Unbeatable!

Wow, how on (or off?) earth was this track missing from the official soundtrack? By far the most intense track in the movie.

Supposedly, it was a just a cue that was edited by the sound department using various tracks. I'm not an expert in how soundtracks are designed when they are released, but I do scratch my head at their thinking that no one would miss that track from one of the most pivotal scenes in the film. I also often wonder why they just don't release the complete scores for films in the first place. 

All I know is that it's gonna hurt when I buy that vinyl version knowing they will not have that amazing cue.