sorry super noob here with a few questions

Okay so I inherited a dual 1219 turntable and know absolutely nothing besides the fact I know nothing.

So can I hook my turntable right up to my Bose?

Do I need some kind of amp? 

Are their any good youtube tutorials out there? (the ones I've seen so far weren't all that helpful)

What do I need to know about cleaning/oiling this baby?

Is there some kind of group in MN that I can get help from?

It looks like it hasn't been touched in awhile should I go get it checked out and have them tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Why can't I get the speakers to work? Everything looks like how it is supposed from my comparison. 

Please feel free to inform me of how much of a noob I am. 

Thanks peeps.

You need an amp and preamp, or an integrated amp to make most record players function with speakers. Donno about MN groups... Head in to a local (independent if possible) record shop, maybe take your TT with you, and ask them what you should do. Many actually sell what you'd need. Either that, or for the time being go snag an integrated amp, or a receiver with one built in from a thrift store. Make sure it has a "phono" input.

Edit: Weird that I'm the one giving a real answer. You caught me in a good mood.

No, but in all seriousness.

I'm not super familiar with Dual brand tables but I guess there is a decent community around them from what I've found in a few seconds of searching.

http://www.dual-reference.com/

There might be some helpful stuff on there..

If not, the standard go-to thread on here is http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88504-dont-buy-a-crosley-ever-beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-hi%E2%80%93fi/

That will explain a lot of what you need and how to set it all up and take care of it.

You need an amp and preamp, or an integrated amp to make most record players function with speakers. Donno about MN groups... Head in to a local (independent if possible) record shop, maybe take your TT with you, and ask them what you should do. Many actually sell what you'd need. Either that, or for the time being go snag an integrated amp, or a receiver with one built in from a thrift store. Make sure it has a "phono" input.

Edit: Weird that I'm the one giving a real answer. You caught me in a good mood.

COME BACK TO SMALL TALK