Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

Anyone who purchased from Amazon should email [email protected]

They put me on their list. DO NOT return your copy to Amazon but you can call and get the 15% discount off that order.

Sub Pop made an exception for me as well, since Amazon can't/won't send out replacement records. Kudos to Sub Pop for going above and beyond to make good this widespread error for everyone. I'm sure this can't be a cheap fix. So much for trying to "up" the deluxe packaging/variant game, although I must say Sub Pop really spared no expense on this 

I'm sure they will pull any unsold copies at SUBPOP and replace the vinyl when the new one arrives... I wouldn't order form anyone else but them...

Come on people clearly they are being bombarded with emails! I bet from a lot of people that didn't order from them, as they said contact the point of sale... Except amazon...

The standard edition doesn't have the diarama so no warping with those!!!!

People just gotta read past posts and the statement by SUBPOP...

Defiantly not the first time a pressing needed replacement ... They are lucky the black copies are ok or it would be a shit storm

Does anyone know if SP is going to re-release the deluxe version with unwarped records? Or, is the only chance at owning the deluxe version with tricolor vinyl purchasing a warped set and getting a replacement?

The deluxe edition was in lieu of SP's typical Loser Edition. Preorder or bust. I would reckon leftovers would be sent back to retailers, but we'll have to see.

They are lucky the black copies are ok or it would be a shit storm

Haha, for real. What a turd sandwich.

The deluxe edition was in lieu of SP's typical Loser Edition. Preorder or bust. I would reckon leftovers would be sent back to retailers, but we'll have to see.

Haha, for real. What a turd sandwich.

I am aware of what the deluxe version is - preorder or bust is not the case with the deluxe version or previous Loser editions. These copies are available until the all copies in that pressing are sold. In addition, while the deluxe edition is replacing the option of the Loser edition, they aren't exactly the same "limited" item. The Fear Fun Loser edition was 850 copies. There are 10,000 copies of the Deluxe edition of this album.

I am curious with what happens with all the deluxe copies that were still available for sale from SP, FJM, and the retailers...if they would be made available for sale again with non-warped vinyl.

And just like many Loser Editions, they sold out before the release date.

I don't know that the fuck you're talking about.

They didn't sell out before release though. You could order it on the 11th from Amazon and Soundstage Direct and many others. Maybe it sold out on Subpop.com or something but it was not exclusive to them. It was recalled which is why you can't buy it now. 

my VMP copy came today. The overall package with the postcard, cocktail recipe, and art print is pretty cool. However there's two massive seam splits at the bottom of the jacket and my records are slightly warped haha (just my luck!) However since the damage isn't immediately noticeable due to the location and since the warping is light enough that it doesn't affect play I don't think it's really worth complaining about. Sounds fantastic at least.

my VMP copy came today. The overall package with the postcard, cocktail recipe, and art print is pretty cool. However there's two massive seam splits at the bottom of the jacket and my records are slightly warped haha (just my luck!) However since the damage isn't immediately noticeable due to the location and since the warping is light enough that it doesn't affect play I don't think it's really worth complaining about. Sounds fantastic at least.

Pictures?  I'd like to see what the clear vinyl is like.

I have never not been able to find Loser editions in my local stores. Only a few have become collectable with many still avail in places or on discogs for the msrp

Not totally true...I know of 2 of my local stores that get Loser edition copies...Its more about how popular the album is, if it doesnt sell out on preorder, then some will hit stores, but stores have to request loser editions....

I think I've had 1 of my locals order the loser direct (as a preorder) and that prompted them to try to continue to get them...

a side note: IMPORTANT!!! so my wife ordered me this deluxe LP as a birthday gift not knowing I already PO it from sub pop. She got it from his direct store (merchline). We cancelled the merchline order, but they still sent me the LP. I opened and and the records ARE NOT WARPED! They play pretty good (little static noise on track 1 but thats it) 

SO I AM TO ASSUME NOT ALL DELUXE COPIES WILL BE WARPED! I am sure most of us will cash in on the replacements even if its a tiny warp. But honestly I can say it had almost ZERO warping...So thats 1 awful copy to 1 good copy of the deluxe for me! Just passing on this info for people that may be holding off. Obv still a gamble...