Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the status is of replacements.  I thought the timeline was mid-March?

I emailed SubPop about it. They responded with this:

Unfortunately, due to Record Store Day next month, the pressing plants have super tight schedules right now and we're just having to wait our turn in line to get on the presses. We're hoping to have these in our hands around the end of this month, but we haven't been given any guarantees on that front just yet, and it will likely not end up being until sometime in April. Sorry to not have a more concrete update!

I emailed SubPop about it. They responded with this:

Unfortunately, due to Record Store Day next month, the pressing plants have super tight schedules right now and we're just having to wait our turn in line to get on the presses. We're hoping to have these in our hands around the end of this month, but we haven't been given any guarantees on that front just yet, and it will likely not end up being until sometime in April. Sorry to not have a more concrete update!

well so much for "exclusive color" haha. 

The art print, cocktail recipe and postcard are exclusive to the subscription though. They either had this already planned or decided to make the clear available for wide release to people who still wanted some kind of variant but were disappointed by how the deluxe came out. 

The copy I received from GoHastings was on clear. No sticker or anything to indicate color, just surprised on opening. Maybe these are just floating out in the wild now.

oh thanks!

I'll play the bad guy here and add:

It's pretty poor etiquette to have your first post on a forum be you asking people to help you get a sold out release...

Welcome to the boards, hope you can contribute something useful in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, and thanks for your patience on receiving your Father John Misty replacement LPs. You may have received a similar email from us recently, but we've been getting many emails over the last week asking about the status of the replacement LPs, so we wanted to make sure you were updated here and now.

Unfortunately for us, and due at least in part to the demands of Record Store Day, the plant pressing the vinyl for Father John Misty’s I Love You, Honeybear album has been unbelievably busy the past 2 months, and we’ve had to wait our turn in line to get our replacement tri-color LPs made. We were originally told we’d have these replacement LPs in our hands sometime in the middle of March, and that obviously didn't happen. Finally, this week we received word from the pressing plant that they're going to have these on the presses in the coming week. And they've told us we can let our customers know that we’ll be able to start shipping replacements from Sub Pop right around the first of May. We apologize for this delay and greatly appreciate your continued patience.

Your friends at Sub Pop

• 2 weeks later...