Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

Mine was so warped that I couldn't get it to play.. so I got on the placement list and I figured i might as well try and get this copy to play. So i left it on my warm receiver and put my printer on top of it. It was still warped but not as bad. After i adjusted the weight of my tone arm to apply slightly more weight, I was able to get it to play. Not ideal, but at least I could listen to it on vinyl. It sounded fantastic.

Mine's bouncing around a little much on the turntable, but it's playing fine and i've had no skips so far

I'm in the same boat - so far, playing fine. Just got mine from FJM's site. The tonearm bounced the most during the first track on A and B, and considerably less as each side went on.  That being said, I'd need to play it a couple more times to really determine if it skips.

Actually, nevermind, just skipped. Too good to be true...

im on mobile and yeah dont wanna go back to where everyone starts talking about which records are messed up? is it all variants? or just certain ones etc etc. any info will be rewarded with something. possibly an upvote or a hug

All or most of the Sub Pop tri-coloured vinyl are warped due to the shrink-wrapping process. No known issues with the VMP clear or the Bella Union 2-coloured press.

If you bought from Sub Pop or FJM's store, they will mail you replacements. For Sub Pop, contact them here: https://www.subpop.com/news/2015/02/11/on_the_subject_of_the_deluxe_lp_edition_of_father_john_mistys_i_love_you_honeybearor from FJM's store, go here:  https://merchline.wufoo.com/forms/honeybear-vinyl-replacement/ ; all other returns need to be at point of purchase.

Completely forgot to add my name to the list(ordered direct from subpop). Thanks! But yes, my LP 1 would skip at first. I got it to play with a little adjustment, but it's still fairly warped. I'm glad they are doing the replacement. I absolutely love the album. 

Anybody play the demos cassette? I've still not found a tape player to play mine in! 

Well it looks like Subpop are all caught up in replying to emails to people. I just emailed to add my name the the list and got an email back a couple hours later. Saying replacement coming mid-March. 

Any word if they are expecting us to send back the warped ones at some point? I already said, but I think it's great they are replacing them. Things happen. They easily could have just refunded and said buy the regular version... 

FJM webstore has the standard edition listed with both black and clear vinyl. I wonder, is that the same as the VMP issue?

well so much for "exclusive color" haha. 

The art print, cocktail recipe and postcard are exclusive to the subscription though. They either had this already planned or decided to make the clear available for wide release to people who still wanted some kind of variant but were disappointed by how the deluxe came out. 

well so much for "exclusive color" haha. 

The art print, cocktail recipe and postcard are exclusive to the subscription though. They either had this already planned or decided to make the clear available for wide release to people who still wanted some kind of variant but were disappointed by how the deluxe came out. 

I was wondering if it was maybe overstock from the VMP press? It's not on the sub pop store. Kinda want to grab it but it's pricey to ship to Canada.