Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

My local shop called me yesterday to pick this up, then called me today to tell me that they are shipping them back to sub pop. They opened all of their copies up and they were all warped pretty bad. When I asked about what replacements would arrive he said he's guessing black because sub pop has an abundance of the black version. Maybe, if you ordered through sub pop, they will replace the tri colored with a tri colored. Not sure how this will play out.

I ordered mine through Amazon so I don't know how this is going to work to get mine replaced. 

I think a lot of us are in the same boat with Amazon. At least we do have protection from Amazon to send back and get a full refund if Sub Pop fails to come through on replacements. With this being one of Sub Pop's biggest releases of the year(s), it will most certainly be interesting to see how they handle this. I'm kinda shocked they didn't learn of this problem before all the deluxe copies were distributed. 

I think a lot of us are in the same boat with Amazon. At least we do have protection from Amazon to send back and get a full refund if Sub Pop fails to come through on replacements. With this being one of Sub Pop's biggest releases of the year(s), it will most certainly be interesting to see how they handle this. I'm kinda shocked they didn't learn of this problem before all the deluxe copies were distributed. 

I agree! I think it is amazing that they had no clue they issued thousands (a month or so ago I had confirmation from Subpop that their store alone had 2,000 of the deluxe version available) of a super-hyped Deluxe version of an album for $40 with zero clue the records were warped. What a disappointment.

Sounds like it was the sealing process that caused the warping, so storing it in the sleeve wouldn't be an issue. Having said that, I still store my records out of sleeve.

Any pokey-outy or possibly warpy record packaging, I store separately from my other records to keep them from messing stuff up just to be safe.

I'm probably gonna hold on to mine, but after each month VMP throws a few leftovers on the member's only store so I could grab you one then

Ohh do they now..well I just signed up and threw them an e-mail seeing if they could start my subscription early....or I asked them if I up'd my subscription to a 3 month if they'd send it to me now...

Ohh do they now..well I just signed up and threw them an e-mail seeing if they could start my subscription early....or I asked them if I up'd my subscription to a 3 month if they'd send it to me now...

They probably won't, however, if you signed up to be a member then you'll def be able to purchase FJM as an add on to your March record. I signed up a few days after the billing cycle closed in January but at the end of the month they offered me the chance to buy the Youth Lagoon record.