SOON-Torche-Restarter

Another song.

Very enjoyable. Sounds more like the Torche of Harminocraft, really up-beat. Quite an alright runtime on the whole album, roughly 40 minutes. They've played it safe up until now, as all the tracks are from up front. I think the rest of the album is going to surprise us still.

https://soundcloud.com/relapserecords/torche-loose-men/s-OLdbC#t=0:00

Between the title and the artwork, I'm starting to think one of the accompanying aims of Steve Brooks with this album is to out himself even more.

Between the title and the artwork, I'm starting to think one of the accompanying aims of Steve Brooks with this album is to out himself even more.

I don't think he has any "aims" to out himself more when he's already as out as he possibly can be. Besides, they've had pun-like song titles for a while now. Kiss Me Dudely, Rock N Roll Mantasy, etc. I think the band just have a sense of humor about how they're presented.

I don't think he has any "aims" to out himself more when he's already as out as he possibly can be. Besides, they've had pun-like song titles for a while now. Kiss Me Dudely, Rock N Roll Mantasy, etc. I think the band just have a sense of humor about how they're presented.

Oh, yeah. Most definitely. That shot was all tongue-in-cheek but am glad you called me out on it. I love Steve Brooks and Torche and it's highly owing to the fact that they don't seem to take themselves too seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more a relapse question but if you order pre orders and non pre orders do they all ship at once? Wanna grab this torche and some stuff coming out in march.

It all ships at once I believe.  Glad to hear that some people are getting theirs!  I really want to listen to this, but waiting for it to arrive has been tough :)

This is much heavier than I was expecting (given the direction they've been heading).  I dig it based on the first listen.  No song has jumped out at me, but I keep find a riff or something that grabs my attention.  I'm going to spend a fair amount of timing getting familiar with this.

sounds so great! Didn't expect the faux velvet glow-in-the-dark jacket...These are some tight jams

Really impressed with the jacket too.  I'm very pleased with this release all around.

This is much heavier than I was expecting (given the direction they've been heading).  I dig it based on the first listen.  No song has jumped out at me, but I keep find a riff or something that grabs my attention.

Agreed with this for the most part, but I've got to say that Bishop In Arms gets the blood pumpin' for me.

This is much heavier than I was expecting (given the direction they've been heading).  I dig it based on the first listen.  No song has jumped out at me, but I keep find a riff or something that grabs my attention.  I'm going to spend a fair amount of timing getting familiar with this.

Really impressed with the jacket too.  I'm very pleased with this release all around.

If Barrier Hammer doesn't jump out at you...

Dammit, Relapse.  I goofed and ordered two different versions, the silver and the purple merge back in December.  I immediately called & canceled the silver after ordering to which they said, "no problem".  

Flash forward to two months and they both arrive yesterday.  My lack of follow up has given me two copies of this awesome album.

First world problems...