SOON-Torche-Restarter

Whoever bought this on the glow in the dark vinyl, there is a delay. I received this email yesterday.

Hello,

We are writing to inform you that there was an unforeseeable delay in the production of the Torche - Restarter Glow-in-the-dark vinyl you pre ordered. You should be receiving your physical purchase within the next few weeks, but to make up for the delay, we're giving you a free digital download of the entire 'Restarter' album. Please hang tight, as we are getting your order out the door ASAP!  If you have any questions / concerns about your order, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank you very much for your support!

~Relapse Mailorder

Just listened to my silver vinyl press. It sounds fine to me. Not muddy at all.

My A side has a ton of surface noise, even though it's noticeable throughout most of it.  It also appears to have a real mild warp, so I'm assuming that's the cause.  I emailed Relapse yesterday in hopes of getting a first disc replacement.

Pirate's isn't even cheap though, they just have lots of fancy color options for collectors to geek out over. I'm pretty sure Rainbo is comparable in price and their records sound much better.

You haven't ordered anything from Epitaph lately have you. ;) 

All kidding aside I'm not sure what it is with GZ manufacturing but they press some stuff that sounds great and some stuff that sounds flat. Most of the stuff I have from them is the former, but it's been more hit or miss lately

With Rainbo I feel like it depends on what the label decides to use for laquers. Stuff SideOneDummy puts out sounds great and stuff from Epitaph sounds terrible. Same plant and wildly different results. 

My green/purple merge came a few days ago, no surface noise and not muddy at all.  It's really quiet though, I have to turn up my volume almost three times as much as most of my other records for it to be on the same level.  Pretty happy for the $19 I paid.  Also has more dick robots than any of my other vinyl, so that's cool. :P

I picked up an Indie store copy via a local store today and it is on kelly green, not mint. This is irrelevant, as it sounds great. I tried to order an orange copy, but couldn't get the Green Hell site to work. I was extremely happy when I saw an orange copy (limited to 100) up on Relapse's Discogs page. It was only $19.99, so I saved around $30 not importing it. Now I just need to snag a clear copy of the 2xLP and my need for variants will be satiated.