PO NOW: Periphery Double Album - Juggernaut: Alpha and Juggernaut: Omega

eqCmMtP.jpg

Full resolution outer covers avail here and here. Check out my new periphery subreddit at /r/peripheryband

Releasing January 27th, 2015. Juggernaut will be a double concept album from Periphery consisting of two records: Juggernaut: Alpha and Juggernaut: Omega.

Juggernaut will release on Sumerian Records, Distort, Century Media Records, Triple Vision and Roadrunner Records.

Vinyl

US: Killer Merch- Only one pressing out of /1000 on Transparent Crimson and Aqua Green.

EU: CMDistro- One pressing on white out of /100. One on black.

PREORDERS:

newbuttons_01.jpg
 newbuttons4_01.jpg
 newbuttons2_01.jpg
 ALL IN MERCH

EU PREORDERS: 
mm-com-logo.png

Itunes Preorder

Amazon Preorder

*Juggernaut is also available from many more retailers.

TRACKLIST:

Juggernaut: Alpha (Full Album Stream)

1. A Black Minute (4:16) 

2. MK Ultra (2:50) 

3. Heavy Heart (4:22)

4. The Event (1:45) 

5. The Scourge (5:36) 

6. Alpha (5:31) 

7. 22 Faces (3:52) 

8. Rainbow Gravity (4:39)

9. Four Lights (2:18)

10. Psychosphere (6:16) 

Juggernaut:Omega (Full Album Stream)
11. Reprise (1:25)
12. The Bad Thing (5:54)
13. Priestess (5:04)
14. Graveless (3:56)
15. Hell Below (3:43)
16. Omega (11:44)
17. Stranger Things (7:35)

Matt Halpern released some info on the story behind the double concept album with Revolver:

“Given the nature and complexity of the Juggernaut story, we’ve actually done something different and exciting in regards to the release. Juggernaut is a story that is told through our music, and we want our audience to fully digest the whole experience. Because Juggernaut is very detailed and dense in terms of character development, peaks and valleys, climaxes and resolutions we’ve divided the story and music in two, in the form of two separate albums. Juggernaut: Alpha, the first part of the story, focuses on the back story and character development, while part two/album two, Juggernaut: Omega, focuses on some pretty serious and gut-wrenching events, taking you for a thrill ride along the main character’s complex journey. Although the albums are split in two physically, the story is only complete when the albums are digested consecutively, allowing the listener to recognize and hear the lyrical and musical overlapping themes, foreshadowing, and connected ideas.”

The Juggernaut tour has just been announced also to coincide with the album:

10612576_10152882508098217_2388839803279

I thought their 2nd album was just as good, if not maybe a bit better then the 1st. It also gave Spencer more of an opportunity to really flex his lyrical capabilities and i liked the outcome a lot.

I just felt the riffage was catchier and more memorable on the first record. Also the first album had racecar. 

Liking the sound of this. Especially as I missed out on the re-press of the first two.

There was never a repress of Periphery I. Periphery II had a small silent repress and can be found on eBay for $20. Clear EP was a tour press only.

That said, this does sound like a bit of a Coheed and Cambria rip off! Not that I mind...

Lol Rip off? Double albums are not anything new. Guns N Roses did one in the 90's with Use Your Illusion I and II.

I'm not totally sure that Periphery II got repressed, i bought one from ebay and i got what appears to be the green variant from the first press. Maybe they just repressed it in green though idk.

A huge amount of copies (specifically red and black swirl) randomly popped up via multiple retailers a month or so ago and these copies dont have the inserts that came with the original announcement pressing. And Jbhifi has what seems to be Periphery II on black that came out in October. Its pretty safe to say it got repressed in some manner even though it was never announced.

Any word when we can order Juggernaut?

I clicked on a couple links they posted today hoping they were PO links, but they were just Facebook sourced broken links... not sure what that's about.

They said a new song or two and preorders are going up "very, very soon". Mark said preorders were ready and decided on. So most likely in the next few days.

There was never a repress of Periphery I. Periphery II had a small silent repress and can be found on eBay for $20. Clear EP was a tour press only.

Lol Rip off? Double albums are not anything new. Guns N Roses did one in the 90's with Use Your Illusion I and II.

Haha, sorry, wrote that before going to bed. Perhaps "rip off" was the wrong choice of words! I just mean that it sounds like there are a lot of similarities between this and the Afterman in terms of its concept, (not in the fact that it's purely a two-part album, obviously they're nothing new in themselves) I don't mind though, sounds like a good thing to me!

Thanks for the heads up on eBay. I thought Periphery I had a small repress as well, maybe not. I'm sure there will be a repress of it at some point anyway, I'll try and pick up a copy then.

I have an extra copy of Clear that I'd be willing to trade.
I looked and looked for a copy and finally bit the bullet on an auction for 3 copies of Clear and 2 copies of Animals as Leaders - Joy in Motion (one red, one orange).

I'm either going to sell the extras to recoup some money or trade them out.

I got in touch with JustinVicious when I saw that the auction came up in hopes that he and I could pool the money together to get it, but I just ended up buying it and selling him a copy on the cheap because the end of the auction was close when I saw it and it seemed logistically tough to do together.

If I did sell the copy, I'd want to get more than I sold him his copy for, though... so I think trading is more fair for me and the other party.

I don't like to flip, so I'd rather trade for something of equal value that was once retailing at the same level... I did pay a decent amount of money for it.

My intention was to sell both AALs as well, but after listening to it online there is no way I'm not keeping a copy.... that shit is tight!

So if anyone wants to offer me money or a trade for Clear or one of the AALs (orange or red, but I'd want more for orange being the tour variant), go ahead and PM me, but I intend to put them on eBay tomorrow or Sunday (with a bunch of other records I've been meaning to clear out) unless I hear from one of you guys.

• 2 weeks later...