The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

Have you seen any of the Star Wars Rebels cartoon on Disney XD? That is actually a really fun show to watch! It's like a 30 minute adventure each week.

I got so behind on Star Wars cartoons during Clone Wars, that I gave up. Someday when I'm really old maybe I will binge watch them all. I did catch several of the Rebels shorts they posted on Facebook, and those were cool.

Cross-saber is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. I know everyone lost their shit when the double-sided light saber debuted in Phantom, but this just feels like they're grasping too hard.

But it's Darth Revan, the most badass mother fucker!!!

"The biggest, baddest Jedi Knight in all of history. Kicked the Mandalorians' asses during the Old Republic times, turned around and became a Sith then kicked the Republic's asses. Master strategist, killed Mandalore the Ultimate in single combat as well as Yusanis, Echani General, in a straight swordfight. Made Darth Vader look like a pussy. He's a character in the Knights of the Old Republic games, which are widely considered to be one of the best entries into the Star Wars Franchise."

Just because the Emperor and Vader are dead, doesn't mean the Empire immediately falls apart. They have a command structure, so the next dude in line takes over.

Edit: I realized there is a good chance I came off as a real prick saying that the way I did. Just know that it's me explaining it, not a, "How doesn't this guy know these things?" kind of thing.

No worries. I didn't know how soon after the original trilogy this movie was set, or how long it would take them to recover from the losses of Death Star(s), fleet, etc.

No worries. I didn't know how soon after the original trilogy this movie was set, or how long it would take them to recover from the losses of Death Star(s), fleet, etc.

I think it's set about 20 years later, at least partly to work with how the original actors have aged.

My four year old is so damn obsessed with Star Wars but I've refused to show him the original. It's now inevitable that we watch before the new film comes out since I won't be able to keep it from him. The deal we cut last night was that he had to wait until he was five. This is both terrible and great parenting all at once.