Anybody who has made a deal with Daniel Campbell

MichaelGAab

EDIT: I had a very mature conversation with the owner of the band, and we agreed the band should not be blamed for his actions and therefore should be left out of it. So everyone, please, understand that his band had nothing to do Daniel Campbell's actions. As for Daniel, you should all still be aware of him; he even lied to his bandmates about what happened. 

Long story short, I paid him for a record, he never sent it. I have all the messages to prove it. I didn't make the deal on here, but I was wondering if anybody knew if he was on VC or discogs or whatever. I have his home address, but I'm not posting that (yet). I'm partially to blame, for sending a money order and making the deal over instagram, but that doesn't give him the right to take my money. He blocked me on ig and made it private after I asked him about the record. His ig name is @conditiondan666. Call me stupid or whatever you will, but the point is, this guys a scammer. Just a heads up to you all. 

That fuckin sucks man. Had a similar problem on here with Derrick Cooke. He's still on here and active, just won't ship my slipmat cause I was trusting (stupid) enough to send as a gift.

Not much you can do except put him on blast and learn from the experience I guess. That said, I hope ur not out too much $.

shitty shituation but being partial to blame is half the 'eating it' mess.

maybe its just a lesson learned.

I'm partially to blame, for sending a money order and making the deal over instagram

this is always a no no. always.

but thank you for pointing out he sucks at not getting records. i will be aware of him from now on.

Worth all what? Trying to find a way to contact someone who took money in exchange for an item they agreed to sell to you, then didn't? It's theft, be it $10 or $100.

Exactly.

The guy made a deal, renegged, and took money anyway.  THEN blocked him everywhere?  Theft, plain and simple.  Call the cops, you've got his address.  If you have messages and the money order receipt, then your story is all backed up.

He could file a report with the cops, yes.

If you believe a crime has been committed, in this case, theft/scam, there is no harm in calling a non-emergency police number, explaining your situation and filling out a report. They'd also be able to tell you if you'd need to file a report in your city, or in his.

Worth all what? Trying to find a way to contact someone who took money in exchange for an item they agreed to sell to you, then didn't? It's theft, be it $10 or $100.

okay, I retract my statement, I thought he paid on PayPal as a gift, and people were talking about getting cops involved. While shitty, nothing law enforcement could do there. But yeah, this is different. I'm still curious as to what it was.

This is a sucky situation but you just never send anyone money through a money order. Paypal is always the way to go on stuff like this so you can at least send as goods and services and file a claim if you don't get your product. You may be better off taking the loss on this one. Good luck with your Silverstein collection though!