PO: Sense Field - Tonight and Forever (Spartan Records)

We are licensing this title from another record company.  If you'd like to get into the cost dynamic, drop me an email:  [email protected].

was the licensing like four grand on this? i've licensed a few titles from other record companies before and still managed to sell them for $13 or less. 

was the licensing like four grand on this? i've licensed a few titles from other record companies before and still managed to sell them for $13 or less. 

^^^Yep. I just looked up my receipt from The Weak's End, and it was $12.50. Granted this was a few years ago, but it doesn't warrant as much of an increase in price as we've seen most labels and retailers utilize. This is basically: today's ridiculous typical LP cost + licensing.

I'd be all over this if it was around $15 and shipping; just can't justify spending $25 on this.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the color in color in color turned out cool!

I know, that's exactly what I was thinking.  Spartan is running that Christmas sale right now which equates to free shipping.  I figured this would be a good time to bite on this record but I really wanted to see all my color options.  That color in color in color sounds the best on paper but you know how these types of things can turn out.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I found this at home when I was cleaning this weekend. 

3gEcvL6.jpg

I don't know why I'm posting it here, but I have probably lived a pretty privileged life so far, as Jon is one of the few people I've known that died pretty young.  Such a great guy, and was a little teary-eyed thinking of the times that I met him and enjoyed each others company.

So there's this. 

• 1 month later...

Did anybody ever pick up a copy of Living Outside from Spartan?  Curious how it sounds because it's hard for me to spend $20 on a single LP if it doesn't really sound that good.  Maybe I'll just wait for Spartan to run one of their discount codes but I'd hate to miss out on this variant...so cool.

12912491_1715639112040025_325224312_n.jp

11 hours ago, BrainGilliams said:

Did anybody ever pick up a copy of Living Outside from Spartan?  Curious how it sounds because it's hard for me to spend $20 on a single LP if it doesn't really sound that good.  Maybe I'll just wait for Spartan to run one of their discount codes but I'd hate to miss out on this variant...so cool.

$20 single LP sounds cheap for Spartan. My shitty sounding copy of Mae's Destinstion: B-Sides was closer to $30 for a defective single LP. 

On July 10, 2016 at 6:48 PM, BrainGilliams said:

I got it and it sounds good to me. Only spun it once, I'm actually looking to sell mine, I have this (odd) goal to only own records without profanity, and forgot this one has a few zingers. Let me know if you're interested.