TITLE FIGHT - HYPERVIEW 2/3/15

dvv

I somehow knew I'd hear this today. And is Ned really only one song? That's a huge bummer if so.

I actually think he's technically on 3.

I really enjoyed this album. Definitely a change in direction from their older stuff, but I for one am a huge fan of hearing Jamie on vocals even more on this album than previous albums. I'm looking forward to see how these new songs sound live/which ones they pick to play live.

honestly, the "shoegaze revival" is as dumb a term as the emo revival but it's actually sort of happening in a way. new bands like whirr and nothing and pity sex are getting big, bands like title fight are using aspects of the sound in their own, and bigger bands like ride and slowdive got back together. tell me that isn't similar to what happened with emo

honestly, the "shoegaze revival" is as dumb a term as the emo revival but it's actually sort of happening in a way. new bands like whirr and nothing and pity sex are getting big, bands like title fight are using aspects of the sound in their own, and bigger bands like ride and slowdive got back together. tell me that isn't similar to what happened with emo

Yep true. But the term is still dumb as fuck.

This album is great.  I just wish it was a little longer.  That 32 minutes was over before I even realized it.

I think that as records become a bigger part of market and the cd becomes less prevelant, we are going t see the shorter album length return(30-40 mins). I really am looking forward to it as bands were making 60 plus min records as a norm because of the amount of data that can fit on a cd. Plus bands have to realize that in a world with so many options, making an hour plus record is going to alienate alot of people except a core fanbase. Think back to the pre cd days. Not many(although some were great) of records were 2xlps. most were 1xlp and 30-40 mins

P.S I am not saying this has anything to do with with this band or record but just music in general in 2015

I think that as records become a bigger part of market and the cd becomes less prevelant, we are going t see the shorter album length return(30-40 mins). I really am looking forward to it as bands were making 60 plus min records as a norm because of the amount of data that can fit on a cd. Plus bands have to realize that in a world with so many options, making an hour plus record is going to alienate alot of people except a core fanbase. Think back to the pre cd days. Not many(although some were great) of records were 2xlps. most were 1xlp and 30-40 mins

P.S I am not saying this has anything to do with with this band or record but just music in general in 2015

How many punk bands have anywhere near 60 minutes? I think most punk/DIY influenced bands have always kept their album length short to accommodate the vinyl format. 

Also I haven't listened to much of the record yet, but I love Jamie's vocals, it's really cool to seem em trade off on records like that where Ned dominated on FG.

The real and most important question in regards to this album is...will kids stage-dive to this!?

I've been waiting years to see title fight in an environment where im not  getting kicked in the head by some 18 year old with gauges.

I love it too, but as others have said it all blends together, the only super standout point on the album for me is the main bass riff in Hypernight and then again it reminds me of Drawstring by Pitty Sex.

I don't know I have mixed feelings about it, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't listened to it 5 times today. Regardless this album is really solid.