TITLE FIGHT - HYPERVIEW 2/3/15

dvv

Didn't know that and just reinforces how good he is at what he does.

I don't know about smaller bands, but at least none of the higher profile bands, or bands on RFC have recorded an LP with someone else after Will. Circa Survive, Citizen, Title Fight, Pity Sex, Turnover, Daylight, Balance and Composure, Blacklisted, ... I am sure I am forgetting a lot, but on top of all of those bands working with him consistently, bands like Braid, Pianos Become the Teeth, Tigers Jaw, Man Overboard, Cold World, La Dispute, Whirr, Nothing, etc, who are in label situations where they can record with pretty much whoever they want, choose to go to Will. 

Didn't know that and just reinforces how good he is at what he does.

"Good" is a bit of a loaded term since people don't seem to like him, but rather bands like his work so they choose him over other producers. I have no issues with anything done by Will. Along with the strong dislike for his work, I don't understand how/why people say that all the albums he produces have the same sound.

Not liking his work isn't really something that exists outside of relatively nerdy websites where people talk about this stuff. It's the same for any producer. Most people don't care about the intricacies of how a record sounds, and are much more concerned with the overall feeling and songs. 90% of people who listen to these records mentioned probably don't know who Will is. 

I don't want to sound like I am defending Will because he doesn't need defending. I am more so speaking generally. For every 1 person who doesn't like the production of a record, there are 500 people who didn't question it who aren't talking about it online.

3511d9767c96ce281df5a9a69f6b88ed5654af83

Calling someone dumb for having an opinion, is dumb.

And I have enjoyed some of his production work, such as Braid and Turnover but his work on TF's stuff just muds it up. Spring Songs sounded like shit due to his mixing and so did the new La Dispute LP. Everything sounds recorded through walls. But who gives it shit because if you don't agree with me then I guess I'm an idiot because that makes sense. 

Regardless I'll buy this anyway in hopes of a return to their more hardcore/punk roots.

Regardless I'll buy this anyway in hopes of a return to their more hardcore/punk roots.

Why would they do this?

It sounds like you don't like the direction they're going in and your using yip as a scapegoat. It's not like people are forced to be produced by him.