Skateboarding/Skateboard Collecting

piky0032

• 2 months later...

The Lakai/Emerica Stay Flared tour came to Pittsburgh a few days ago and I got to meet some of my heros.

11420843_1614310002159881_672093720_n.jp

Me and Andrew Reynolds.

11326609_1600865356850353_1874817524_n.j

Marc Johnson and me.

11324965_839235219488766_1591120862_n.jp

Brandon Biebel.

Pretty much everyone from the two teams were there. Jerry Hsu, Heath Kirchart, Mike Carroll, Riley Hawk, Leo Romero...it was insane seeing all of those pros in one place and all of them just killing it. The only people not at the demo were Ed Templeton and Guy Mariano. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bump

Picked up a Nostalgia Deck - Hardcore Blank - Everyone i knew skated these.....whether it was all the time.....in between pro decks......found one.....given one..........great warhorse....they took a beating 

IMG_20160128_160838_zpsxsk1kp0p.jpg

Picked up a couple of Amity Decks to complete the Collection and hung them all up in my new house

IMG_20160119_183957_zpslcopgb9s.jpg

and also Hung my Signed Mullens in the Computer/Music Room 

FB_IMG_1451462268827_zpsc7jd36jr.jpg

Stoked this thread got bumped as I've never seen it before. I don't have any pics, but I've got a decent collection going right now.

Almost Rodney Mullen Superman, first run

Almost Daewon Song Batman, first run

Powell-Peralta Tony Hawk dragon reissue on pink stained wood

Real Green Day Tré cruiser shape

Krooked Chris Pastras Baby Dune reissue, 65/300

Girl Guy Mariano 20 Years of Girl graphic

qPlj4za.jpg

Three decks I have on my wall. On the left is one that Jason Adams rode/gave to me. A local skatepark in Erie won a CCS contest, so Jason and Keith Hufnagel came and did a demo. I was very young and asked Jason for his deck, he said "as long as you take the trucks off, it's yours". It's a Six Gun, his short lived Black Label offshoot.

The middle was give to me by Jamie Thomas. I was first in line for a signing in the mid 2000's. I waited for hours to be first cuz Zero was my favorite brand and Jamie was one of me two favorite skaters. He and the rest of the team walked into the shop, and he went behind the counter with his board. He took the trucks of his old deck, set up a new one, and handed me the old one. I had the whole Zero/Mystery team that was there sign it.

The last one is an old Zero deck I had. I had originally taken that to the Zero signing to have them sign it. One day I was at the skatepark near my house in Albuquerque, when all of the sudden a huge bus pulls up, and our walks Tony Hawk, Rodney Mullen, Kerry Getz, Mike V, Alex Chalmers. It was the first Tony Hawk Secret Skatepark Tour. They all skated for a while. I got the chance to talk to all of them for a bit because there weren't many people there since it was unannounced. I used a payphone to call my mom and have her bring the Zero deck to have them sign. Talking to Rodney Mullen was very surreal. We were talking about caspers, he was trying a half cab Casper - 360 flip out, I had been trying a half cab Casper, and we kinda raced each other to the trick, so on the deck he signed "Next Time I'll Beat You"!

Hd1Kjyr.jpg

Me and Jamie Thomas

dwK9R5X.jpg

Me and Rodney Mullen. There weren't camera phones then, so I didn't get a proper picture, but there were shots of us together in the Tony Hawk Secret Skatepark Tour DVD.

• 5 months later...

Picked up a stack of new Amity Affliction decks and chucked em up in the rumpus room (second living area) little bit excessive but stoked on how it all looks for the moment

IMG_20160628_144034_zpsyozio0ra.jpg

Havnt actually been out skating in a loooong time......really need to get back out and on it.....even just a roll

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, anthemforadoomed said:

Got one of these bad boys recently. Not a fan of the rebooted Plan B but PJ is a legend and this graphic is classic. I'm always looking for his old Flip boards.

1_27467.jpg

Really into that. I need to get another board for the collection, but no idea what I'd get since I don't keep many tabs on the industry anymore. I've been skating the same brand/shape for like three years now haha. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

Yeh thats pretty awesome......Picked up some more band decks the other day.....some more UNFD bands......but really want to start looking at some other decks to put up and about......Saw some wicked Biggy ones that would look cool

Still skating the same deck XEN standard..........need to get out and about some more.....its been ages

8 hours ago, piky0032 said:

oh.....and Mullens first Video part in forever was released this week and its unbelievable........very cool 

http://www.sebringrevolution.com/RodneyMullen

I must be the only one who thinks this is like alternate angles of tricks he's been doing for decades. Wasn't impressed at all. 

On 7/15/2016 at 10:51 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Really into that. I need to get another board for the collection, but no idea what I'd get since I don't keep many tabs on the industry anymore. I've been skating the same brand/shape for like three years now haha. 

Check Krooked, Politic, Toy Machine, Magenta, Hopps, Paisley. All have excellent graphics.