Skateboarding/Skateboard Collecting

piky0032

Just won this from a facebook competition - Powell Christmas Deck /500 and the Powell Christmas Decorations - All for liking a post

IMG_48340749083997_zps7rc8sia3.jpeg

also had a burn on the new Bone wheels and Indi's.....They are freaking awesome.....might have to go a wider deck though.....still working out my perfect board

I used to make skateboards for a living at a small manufacturer in PA (about 10 employees). In the 7 years I worked there, we made a ton of awesome decks. Here are some of my favorites. (Most of the pics are ones I found online because I couldn't find them on my phone, but I assure you I had a hand in them)

927785_575203905886743_1984772540_n.jpg

Trailer Park Boys series for Weird Wood Skateboards.

boris-atsuo.jpgboris-takeshi.jpgboris-wata.jpg

Boris series for Magic Bullet Records

51c21006-6af8-4a8a-bfb0-4c4740cf8b92.png

Integrity deck for Magic Bullet Records

slicer.jpg

Pizza deck for The Good Company

N8lfKGz.jpg

Stan Lee decks for Terror Of Planet X

4524bf921ef611e2ab3b22000a9f14cb_7.jpg

Forensics and Integrity for Magic Bullet, The Vibrators for Iron Cross.

93f36b341ea411e292a722000a1f97f4_7.jpg

Killswitch Engage.

There are tons more, but these are some of the interesting ones. I can post more late if you're interested.

Super jealous of most of these decks, I sold off pretty much everything I never skated. I do still have a custom deck from Derek Hess. It has his hemorrhage art burned into it with red paint splattered for blood. There is an old time picture frame attached around the image of the man.

• 3 weeks later...

Just purchased some more signed Decks.......

Rodney Mullen - Hand Signed - Almost/DC Superman - Black Edition

Rodney Mullen - Hand SIgned - Almost/DC Superman - Impact Edition

Witter Chang - Hand SIgned - Capital Ghoul 

....will have 6 Signed Mullen Decks in total......Going to probably have to stop after that hahaha

Pics to follow in the next week or so 

100272483.jpg100272529.jpg83304896.jpg

5852904e0f3811e2a1b122000a1e9fa4_7.jpg

Here's my signed deck collection.

Left: Jason Adams. The old skatepark in Erie, PA won a CCS contest so Jason Adams and Keith Hufnagel did a demo. I was talking to Jason afterwards and just asked if I could have his deck and he said "If you take the trucks off, it's yours" 

Middle: Jamie Thomas, John Rattray, Jon Allie, Garrett Hill, Lindsey Robertson, Ryan Smith. I used to go to Albuquerque to visit my mom every summer. One year, the Zero team came to town. I was the first in line for the signing at some mall shop, decked head to toe in Zero and Circa gear. Jamie Thomas was the first of the team to come in. He had his complete in his hand and an extra deck. He went to the counter, set up the new deck, and just handed me the old one.

Right: Rodney Mullen, Tony Hawk, Riley Hawk, Kerry Getz, Mike V, Alex Chalmers, Zero Team. Again I was in Albuquerque, and I was at Los Altos skatepark in the middle of the day. A big bus just randomly pulls into the parking lot, and out walked out some of the best skaters ever. It was the Tony Hawk Secret Skatepark tour.I just happened to have my old deck with me and got them all to sign it. I got to talk to Rodney Mullen for a while and it was one of best moments of my life. It was a time before cell phone cameras so i was bummed that I never got a picture with him, but when the DVD came out, I took some screen shots. (I'm the one with the black hair. Ahh, high school)

10299772_278576765652516_1862478414_n.jp

Just got myself a new Ride.......I have always Skated 7.75.........thought it was time to go wider.......i feel i will have a more solid ride on something thats got a bit more room........Trying out an 8 first and i will see from there how much wider i need

Went with my Favourite Brand from a Trusty local store....... XEN Skateboards from Fast Times Skateboarding in Melbourne......Just the Stock "Blank" Deck...........

IMG_20150226_134136_zpspgndxewc.jpg