PO: Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor (Deluxe Vinyl)

gmoney

Just want to chime in and say that I too consider Holywood a masterpiece.   Just from a cultural standpoint alone it was a vital album in the post-Columbine world (I'm from Denver).   And musically, it was the perfect hybrid of AC and MA.   I think it's telling that Allmusic.com gives it a 4 1/2 stars.

Everything post-Hollywood has been hit or (mostly) miss.  I'm in the camp that considers AOTG pretty solid but after that.... Eat Me Drink Me is the only album I'd call anything but bad.   EMDM is an interesting album simply because Manson let the musicians in the band run a bit wild and so the album features a lot more jamming out/soloing than in any other effort.

All that said, Third Day is the first Manson single to catch my ear in years.  Seems like he finally might be pushing forwards sonically (something that used to be a regular occurrence).   Color me intrigued.

• 3 weeks later...

That kind of stuff is cool. I wonder if those of us who actually preordered from the official store as soon as we could because we're fans and don't need rare promo incentives to pre-order get this as well?

I'd say that if it was pre-ordered from MM's site, then you have a good chance. If it was pre-ordered from Amazon, most likely not. 

Easystreet Records had about 20 copies of this 10" and they wouldn't budge on giving me an extra copy :( 

E07ADBC1-624B-4124-A052-9D97773F198C_zps

C24F7A18-3651-45D3-96DA-1500E1B585E2_zps

0C3420CD-253F-4893-90ED-D8FD73A2D692_zps

9B55388D-D808-439E-BEF4-70B233472220_zps