PO: Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor (Deluxe Vinyl)

gmoney

Travis I called Grand Rapids, MI woodland mall today at 10 when they opened and 12 as well as 3 pm. They said they had not had any copies and didn't see any coming in. Should I believe that? Did the store employee just not out it out and bought it for themselves?

Any input would be great!

Last I knew they didn't carry vinyl. They must have just started carrying it.

I live in this area as well. It seems that the inventory lists Travis posts no longer include Rivertown Crossings Mall, which used to post new vinyl arrivals on Facebook and seemed to have a fair selection of titles. The couple times I've stopped by the Woodland Mall location, the selection is pretty slim and beat up. Not sure why they changed their allocation, but it's a bit of a bummer.

Interested to hear any sound comparisons between the standard deluxe (non-white) and the deluxe deluxe (white)

Unless you mean pressing defects, there will be no difference. And pressing defects can vary copy to copy, or isolated to a small portion or batch.

Wait... There isn't a black vinyl deluxe, is there?

Wasted my lunch break today going over to the Lombard store only to find they didn't have them (and haven't had them). Angry!

Illinois?

Also, it looks like the black $16 version also has the bonus tracks so when someone buys the "deluxe" edition from the KingsRoad store for $39 + shipping they're basically paying a little over twice the price for the pigment of the PVC. Is that right?

Illinois?

Also, it looks like the black $16 version also has the bonus tracks so when someone buys the "deluxe" edition from the KingsRoad store for $39 + shipping they're basically paying a little over twice the price for the pigment of the PVC. Is that right?

180g and gatefold too. But I know what you're getting at. For me it there was more music then I would jump on the white, but the track list is the same for all colors

I will be honest, my store had this at $36 and they only had one copy, so I impulse bought this. Having heard nothing other than some of Antichrist Superstar, I had no idea where to start with him, but wow, this album is really good stuff. The deluxe package has some of the coolest art/packaging I can remember and this pressing sounds great. I know I basically paid an extra $20 for art/colored vinyl, but oh well. The extra art comes on this cool gritty paper and I'm such a fan of how they presented the album this way.

I will be honest, my store had this at $36 and they only had one copy, so I impulse bought this. Having heard nothing other than some of Antichrist Superstar, I had no idea where to start with him, but wow, this album is really good stuff. The deluxe package has some of the coolest art/packaging I can remember and this pressing sounds great. I know I basically paid an extra $20 for art/colored vinyl, but oh well. The extra art comes on this cool gritty paper and I'm such a fan of how they presented the album this way.

If you enjoy it check out Eat Me Drink Me and Mechanical Animals

180g and gatefold too. But I know what you're getting at. For me it there was more music then I would jump on the white, but the track list is the same for all colors

It also includes art prints on fancy paper and the gatefold cover is deluxe with debossed cover art. It's a very nice package. There are videos posted in this thread showing the deluxe.

The standard vinyl version is standard weight 2xLP in a single pocket, thin card stock jacket, poly sleeves. Very bare bones.

I like that there were options given to fans. Not everyone wants to pay $40 for extras.

It also includes art prints on fancy paper and the gatefold cover is deluxe with debossed cover art. It's a very nice package. There are videos posted in this thread showing the deluxe.

The standard vinyl version is standard weight 2xLP in a single pocket, thin card stock jacket, poly sleeves. Very bare bones.

I like that there were options given to fans. Not everyone wants to pay $40 for extras.

I think you're referring to the "definitive" box. I 'm only referring to a 2XLP white vinyl that costs $40.

The box was $180.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/marilyn-manson/view/?id=6610&cid=1836&sid=1834

VS.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/marilyn-manson/view/bundle.asp?id=1114&cid=1834

I think you're referring to the "definitive" box. I 'm only referring to a 2XLP white vinyl that costs $40.

The box was $180.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/marilyn-manson/view/?id=6610&cid=1836&sid=1834

VS.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/marilyn-manson/view/bundle.asp?id=1114&cid=1834

If you read the first link, it describes the set as I did.

So, to try and clear up the confusion, there are 3 ways to get the vinyl version of the new MM album. All options on vinyl have the same track listing as the deluxe CD version (album + 3 extra tracks).

The Definitive Box. $180 2xLP on white 180gm vinyl. Comes with deluxe CD, book, custom LPjackets, etc

Deluxe edition: ~$40 2xLP on white 180 vinyl. Comes with deluxe gatefols jacket and art prints.

Standard edition: ~ $17-$22 3 variations of the standard edition currently exist.

2xLP standard weight black vinyl (available everywhere)

2xLP standard weight clear vinyl (gohastings exclusive)

2xLP standard weight dark gray marble vinyl (Hot Topic exclusive)

Comes in a single pocket sleeve with poly inners.

I hope this clears things up. There are links to the various versions and videos and descriptions in this thread.