[SOON] Toundra – (IV) – 01/26

Derek™

OPbeUde.jpg

From the band's Facebook:

Spanish instrumental masters Toundra recently revealed the release of their brand new album ‘IV’ for 26th January 2015 in Europe. Now the band are extremely pleased to launch the beautiful artwork for the album as well as its full track-listing which you can find below. The band had this to say:

The concept that flows through the album is the story of two foxes that need to escape from the forest where they live because of a huge fire. For the band this is a metaphor for their concern with how humanity is destroying the environment and how dangerous humans can be.

Cover artwork has been handled again by Chelsea Greene Lewyta, with whom the band feels really comfortable. Working with her has been a pleasure again because she understood the concept from the beginning and added a lot to the initial visual vision we had. Inner artwork has been done by Jorge García Escalona, who's also working on the video and is one of our favourite Spanish illustrators."

The full track-listing is as follows:

1. Strelka
2. Qarqom
3. Lluvia
4. Belenos
5. Viesca
6. Kitsune
7. MRWING
8. Oro Rojo

(II) is still such a gem to me, and something I revisit pretty regularly.  I really didn't expect them to match it with (III), but that's also an album that I've continued to steadily play since its release in 2012.  There's something about the length and flow of (III) that makes it so easy to replay.  I'm really hoping they continue the trend of quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Their musicianship has matured with each release, freeing them up to let those creative juices flow -- they

I simply can't imagine this album being a letdown, even if Les Claypool does vocals (j/k!!)  ;)

3 piece boxset for 8 tracks? hmmm.  Just one variant would be nice this time!

III was overload on variants  :wacko:

Did FB page say who would be releasing it?  Multiples including Nashaarda?

Pre-orders coming in the next few days.  Vinyl is a double LP with an etched D-side, and includes a CD as well... hence the "3 disc" listing on Amazon.

do you think it will be a multiple label release as in the past with multiple variants, or just via Superball, and on their page mentions only Black vinyl?  I could use a break from variant overload tbh.

do you think it will be a multiple label release as in the past with multiple variants, or just via Superball, and on their page mentions only Black vinyl? I could use a break from variant overload tbh.

There's an item page up on Century Media's US site, not available for purchase yet though. Usually an item page will be put up saying "temporarily out of stock" just before it goes live. They only have the black listed, but there may be a EU exclusive. I wouldn't be too surprised.

Also, right now the price is just over $15. CM has a sale running right now, but I doubt this is supposed to be included. So we're looking at their regular price of $19 plus their godawful shipping of about $9 per lp. It's normally free shipping over $100, but they raised it to $150 due to the sale, I assume. The Hobby strikes again...

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Toundra_-_IV_-Double_Black_Vinyl_+_CD-/48280

do you think it will be a multiple label release as in the past with multiple variants, or just via Superball, and on their page mentions only Black vinyl?  I could use a break from variant overload tbh.

I'd like some color options, especially since the album art is so vibrant.  Zero desire for me to gun for more than one copy, but a translucent peach or coke bottle green would make me pretty happy.

• 4 weeks later...

This is up at Superball Europe:

https://www.insideoutshop.de/Item/Toundra_-_IV_-Gatefold_black_2LP_-_CD-/16050

Looks like only Black 2xLP + CD option. 19 Euro + 10 Euro Shipping.  The Euro at 1.19 is the lowest I can remember (good for US buying Euro music), but still puts this close to $35ppd to the US.

Gonna check the Amazon option again.