PO: Alcoa - Thank You EP

"Alcoa's 'Thank You' EP has its roots set in setbacks. Defeater frontman and Alcoa mastermind Derek Archambault was informed by medical professionals earlier this year that he was in desperate need of a hip replacement. It sadly put any touring plans Defeater had to a grinding halt as Archambault continued to deal with pain and immobility in his hip and left leg. He humbly turned to his bands' fans for help and managed a successful fundraising project on PledgeMusic.com, offering a number of rewards in return. One of those rewards was a brand new, five-song acoustic covers EP from Alcoa appropriately titled 'Thank You', pressed on a limited number of CDs and available exclusively to his PledgeMusic donors. 

Now Bridge Nine is proud to announce that the 'Thank You' EP will be available from the label on 12" vinyl on December 2, 2014. 'Thank You' features covers of songs by some of the best in contemporary punk and hardcore (and coincidentally, friends of Archambault): I Am the Avalanche, Blacklisted, Make Do and Mend, and Elder Brother, and also includes a new version of Defeater fan favorite "I Don't Mind", originally off 2011's 'Empty Days & Sleepless Nights'. Depending on the variant, the one-sided record will also feature a screen printed or etched B-side."

Pressing Info:

Translucent Red /200 (screen printed b-side)

Black /300 (etched b-side)

Opaque Red /1500 (etched b-side)

http://www.b9store.com/alcoa

NBriMRr.jpg

Unfortunately I can't justify $20-25 for a five song cover EP (killed by international shipping), but this is a very nice package...

And you all know you can hear the full EP right now... right?

http://bridge9.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you

Nope. But I do now. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this in today with this note:

You may be thinking to yourself "actually this record doesn't look like the little picture of the one that I pre-ordered...  Well, the pic that we posted with the pre-order was an "artist interpretation" of what a screen printed B side would look like.  Annnnyyywayyyyy, the pressing plant dis-regarded our request for a no-center label flat B-sided variant, and went ahead and used an etched stamper for all of them.  It still looks cool, and it's the same quantity (200), it just isn't what we expected.  Sorry about that!  It still sounds great!

Sincerely, 

-The B9 Mailorder Crew

bummer that it's just an etched b side on the translucent red, the screen printed looked real sweet.  either way i'm stoked to have it on vinyl.

Just got this in today with this note:

You may be thinking to yourself "actually this record doesn't look like the little picture of the one that I pre-ordered...  Well, the pic that we posted with the pre-order was an "artist interpretation" of what a screen printed B side would look like.  Annnnyyywayyyyy, the pressing plant dis-regarded our request for a no-center label flat B-sided variant, and went ahead and used an etched stamper for all of them.  It still looks cool, and it's the same quantity (200), it just isn't what we expected.  Sorry about that!  It still sounds great!

Sincerely, 

-The B9 Mailorder Crew

bummer that it's just an etched b side on the translucent red, the screen printed looked real sweet.  either way i'm stoked to have it on vinyl.

Pics?

• 5 years later...