"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

Whoa! Acoustic Sounds stopped taking pre orders.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/105200/Various_Artists-Vinyl_Films_Records_Box_Set-10_inch_Vinyl_Record

Sorry, this Product is no longer available.

They took pre orders for weeks for the Red House Painters box and they ended up getting 0. They probably won't come through.

They took pre orders for weeks for the Red House Painters box and they ended up getting 0. They probably won't come through.

In fairness, AS has come through on almost ALL preorders in the past. Including SKM ones like Benji and Biko. Like literally every other online store NOT named Bullmoose, they got completely f**ked over by 4AD with the RHP set. (Short list of vendors who took preorders and got nothing: SSD, Elusive Disc, CD Universe, Barnes & Noble, every Amazon worldwide...)

If Vinyl Films does this fairly, they SHOULD get some. Maybe not more than 5 or 10, but enough to fill a few preorders. Of course, if Vinyl Films follows the lead of 4AD and sends 8 copies to ONE store in Milwaukee but shafts everyone else, then all bets are completely off.

I had a pending charge from Luna for a few days, but it's since disappeared. Happened to anyone else?

Same here. It was there this morning, but noticed it was gone this evening. My order still says processing, so kinda hoping for a hard post tomorrow or monday/tuesday possibly...and if not, Bullmoose or my local guy it depends on..

hmm .. did Easy Street Records just put these up?

Found this via google just now.

WhAZ0ir.png

https://buymusichere.net/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=21&deptnr=67&rc=2[sn=34/sm=5/se=10:Various%20Artist|/aa=1/av=1/pn=2082/st=2340/p=118]. It takes me to a Easy Street link store page. It's not listed there.

https://www.buymusichere.net/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=70&upc=61694891971. The link takes me to this place where they don't take orders?

"This is a demonstration store, orders through this store will not be processed."

NsYeYFw.png

ThinkIndie received these yesterday. We haven't finished counting them in or assessing the damages, we're having to go through and put barcode stickers on each and every one individually. We have actually received closer to 3,000 orders for this......I wouldn't hold your breath at all for an online order, I would assume these will remain in stores and probably be snatched up almost immediately. They do look pretty nice though. Should finish counting, assessing damages, and barcoding them all tomorrow which gives our sales guy a set number to distribute/allocate and then start shipping them out to stores Thursday or Friday. It's going to be me flying solo on Friday, so we won't be rolling full steam. Hope everybody gets one though, they're rad.

I dunno, I mean, ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S. probably has no dog in that fight...it's not a RSD release so you don't have to worry about your store getting banned from RSD titles next year. Somebody at your store must be in pretty tight with somebody at VinylFilms. Curious as to whether or not your copy had the sticker on the shrink, the poster included, and if it was hand numbered in white ink (and if so, which number did you get?!?!?)