"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

I dunno, I mean, ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S. probably has no dog in that fight...it's not a RSD release so you don't have to worry about your store getting banned from RSD titles next year. Somebody at your store must be in pretty tight with somebody at VinylFilms. Curious as to whether or not your copy had the sticker on the shrink, the poster included, and if it was hand numbered in white ink (and if so, which number did you get?!?!?)

Sticker on shrink, numbered in white ink #39

also, for the record, I'm the absolute lowest person on the totum pole at ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S., I'm a permanent part-time (though most weeks it is 40 hours) warehouse worker, I'm not terribly concerned with getting anybody in trouble. I'm wondering if they were ready enough for one store to have them why they arrived to the Distro so late

I think 3,000 is an inflated number. I've got 2 POs online and 1 with my local store. I would imagine a lot of us have 2 or 3 as well. I'm hopeful we all get one through some means and if any of us get more than one it is sold to the board.

I think it's accurate....our salesman keeps pretty good records

I think what he means is: there are many of us who have pre-ordered it from multiple places, so that doesn't necessarily mean 3000 individual people ordered it. Ya know?

I suppose. All I know is that our salesman has had just under 3,000 units ordered and our allocation from Vinyl Films is 350. It doesn't mean 3,000 people have asked their store to order it, just a total of units ordered from every store that's placed an order for this title. That said, we finished counting them in.

I suppose. All I know is that our salesman has had just under 3,000 units ordered and our allocation from Vinyl Films is 350. It doesn't mean 3,000 people have asked their store to order it, just a total of units ordered from every store that's placed an order for this title. That said, we finished counting them in.

Only 350 units from Vinyl FIlms? Oh dear god!!! :( Any word if Think Indie will ever distribute goods outside the USA sometime down the road? Wish you guy's could. The only way fan's outside the USA can even try for a chance to purchase a copy is by searching the www for pre orders online. If we can't purchase it through an online record store, only thing else to do is wait and purchase it on eBay IF it get's sold on the secondary market.

Only 350 units from Vinyl FIlms? Oh dear god!!! :( Any word if Think Indie will ever distribute goods outside the USA sometime down the road? Wish you guy's could. The only way fan's outside the USA can even try for a chance to purchase a copy is by searching the www for pre orders online. If we can't purchase it through an online record store, only thing else to do is wait and purchase it on eBay IF it get's sold on the secondary market.

We distribute to Canada, U.K., France, Germany, and Australia (possibly Italy?) if I'm not mistaken

We distribute to Canada, U.K., France, Germany, and Australia (possibly Italy?) if I'm not mistaken

You do? When did you guy's start? Because .. http://thinkindie.com/store-finder/.. & https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zrvR2PMI6MJo.kCCSgd67MhAs&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0 .. show's me no store outside the USA where you guy's distribute your goods. I've talked to Vinyl Films & Gegory over @ The Uncool about Mike McCready's Music On Film vinyl release who have told me Mike's releases with Vinyl Films & the Box Set won't be sold outside of the USA because Think Indie will be distributing these.

You wouldn't happen to know a few record stores in Canada Think Indie distributes to?

You do? When did you guy's start? Because .. http://thinkindie.com/store-finder/.. & https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zrvR2PMI6MJo.kCCSgd67MhAs&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0 .. show's me no store outside the USA where you guy's distribute your goods. I've talked to Vinyl Films & Gegory over @ The Uncool about Mike McCready's Music On Film vinyl release who have told me Mike's releases with Vinyl Films & the Box Set won't be sold outside of the USA because Think Indie will be distributing these.

You wouldn't happen to know a few record stores in Canada Think Indie distributes to?

We don't Distro to stores outside of the U.S., but we Distro some of our product (when allowed) to distros in those countries....usually the allocations are small though.

Again, I'm lowest on the totum pole, the Vinyl Film stuff very well could be US Distro only

https://www.facebook.com/darksiderecordspk

Just got in this super limited 10" box set from Vinyl Films Records. It features 6 albums on clear 10" vinyl, including music from Mark Kozelek, Low, Mono, Eluvium, Sun Kil Moon and Mike McCready. Limited to 500 hand numbered copies. We've got #269 right here for the taking. Come and get it! No holds, in store only!

‪#‎VinylFilms‬ ‪#‎MarkKozelek‬ ‪#‎Low‬ ‪#‎Mono‬ ‪#‎Eluvium‬ ‪#‎SunKilMoon‬ ‪#‎MikeMcCready‬ ‪#‎vinyl‬ ‪#‎vinyligclub‬ ‪#‎limitededition‬ ‪#‎clearvinyl‬