intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

1 hour ago, wisdom81 said:

Did anyone receive their Athletics reissue yet? They sent an email out on March 27th saying they would get the records the week after and start shipping but I haven't gotten anything yet here in Canada.

Nothing here in San Francisco yet. The same thought crossed my mind last night so hopefully we get an update soon...

8 hours ago, Sasan said:

Could anybody tell me what it costs to send a simple envelope with a 7" from the US to Germany?

I'll open a claim and ask for a refund of the exact difference of the $23 I paid for shipping and the actual costs...

I got a quote of $14 for an 8oz shipment which I would think would cover 1 7”.

9 hours ago, Sasan said:

Could anybody tell me what it costs to send a simple envelope with a 7" from the US to Germany?

I'll open a claim and ask for a refund of the exact difference of the $23 I paid for shipping and the actual costs...

That’ll really stick it to this small independent label. 

9 hours ago, Sasan said:

I'm in Aus, for me to ship a 7 inch to Germany with tracking it would be $23 USD. Looking at the USPS postage calculator (which I'm not very familiar with, so please correct me if I'm wrong) it looks as though it would still cost around/upwards of $23 to ship an envelope parcel from the US to Germany considering it would be larger than they allow for mail international.

7 hours ago, stl_ben said:

You mean the label that has had our money for nearly 6 months and isn't returning messages, issuing refunds or shipping product.....

If you want a refund there are other ways of getting your money back. Demanding a partial refund on shipping because someone thinks shipping cost too much after the fact is so absurd and entitled.  

12 hours ago, erthan said:

If you want a refund there are other ways of getting your money back. Demanding a partial refund on shipping because someone thinks shipping cost too much after the fact is so absurd and entitled.  

They charged me nearly $40 for shipping and then mailed my package media mail which cost under $10. They publicly posted they would refund shipping differences then went on to not actual do those refunds or reply to emails for coming up on 6 months. How exactly would you recommend us getting our money back other than by filing a PayPal claim? Also yes I am not sure why “entitled” is being thrown as an insult as we are very much entitled to get our money back that even they admitted was overcharged and they said we would get back...

Edited by stl_ben

15 hours ago, MrMatt767 said:

I'm in Aus, for me to ship a 7 inch to Germany with tracking it would be $23 USD. Looking at the USPS postage calculator (which I'm not very familiar with, so please correct me if I'm wrong) it looks as though it would still cost around/upwards of $23 to ship an envelope parcel from the US to Germany considering it would be larger than they allow for mail international.

I normally pay $23 for shipping a 2xLP to Germany...I'm pretty sure it's way less than $23.

8 hours ago, erthan said:

I think the only absurd thing here is $33 for a 7"

8 hours ago, Sasan said:

I think the only absurd thing here is $33 for a 7"

Which you paid... And you have no idea what percentage of that was "handling". I'm not saying it isn't a dick move to promise to refund shipping and then not but it's also completely a good-will move for them to do so and I sincerely doubt Paypal is going to side with you just because you -think- you overpaid on shipping fees.

Anyway I finally just got my Athletics  shipping notification so I'm happy.

14 minutes ago, erthan said:

Which you paid... And you have no idea what percentage of that was "handling". I'm not saying it isn't a dick move to promise to refund shipping and then not but it's also completely a good-will move for them to do so and I sincerely doubt Paypal is going to side with you just because you -think- you overpaid on shipping fees.

Anyway I finally just got my Athletics  shipping notification so I'm happy.

They posted before we even bought the records saying they would refund overages on shipping, which was what made me more open to buying more.  

Also Paypal WILL side with you, because my case already went through and they did side with me.

9 hours ago, stl_ben said:

They posted before we even bought the records saying they would refund overages on shipping, which was what made me more open to buying more.  

Also Paypal WILL side with you, because my case already went through and they did side with me.

Hey mate, out of curiosity how much did they refund you/how much did you request to be refunded? You might be able to help Sasan with how much he should request back.

Would be nice...will wait a bit and see if Dan wakes up from his hibernation...

13 hours ago, erthan said:

...because you -think- you overpaid on shipping fees...

I don't "think" I've overpaid, I KNOW I did...it's the system that automatically calculates with $23 for oversea shipping up to a certain weight.

Years back, Dan was quite helpful and fast with refunding overpaid shipping costs due to the system...well, both the quality of the releases as well as customer service have declined immensely over the past years...

2 hours ago, Sasan said:

Would be nice...will wait a bit and see if Dan wakes up from his hibernation...

I don't "think" I've overpaid, I KNOW I did...it's the system that automatically calculates with $23 for oversea shipping up to a certain weight.

Years back, Dan was quite helpful and fast with refunding overpaid shipping costs due to the system...well, both the quality of the releases as well as customer service have declined immensely over the past years...

Then stop buying from Dan. . . Jeebus Krampus Almighty,  there's nothing worse than seeing a grown man complain about a couple of bucks, especially when that person is IN another country, and the shipping to and from is pricier, regardless of what you might say. I think the lathes sound pretty good, but then again, I expect them to not be great, because it's a different method that isn't foolproof. Besides, you'll probably end up flipping said items on discogs anyway.

On 4/17/2018 at 12:43 PM, stl_ben said:

You mean the label that has had our money for nearly 6 months and isn't returning messages, issuing refunds or shipping product.....

??? You mean the items he didn't have in hand yet? Wow, that's a stretch. I mean, he did mail out the lathes, which he did by hand, alone, etc etc, I'm sure you've heard it all before. But man, if you all aren't the biggest bunch of crybaby bitches...woof

Also, I was lucky that @chamb117 helped me out to get the ones I wanted. Yes, Dan didn't respond to the requests to mail them to me like he had done in previous years when others help out (looking at you @deafening thanks again). But whatever, they shipped to Chamb, he mailed them to me, all is good. Literally the most awful and terrible experience I've had with IntheClouds was my delft labels were on the wrong sides. I messaged, got new labels in the mail, and all was good. 

There's no "decline" in quality that you keep saying. LATHES ARE NOT AUDIOPHILE MATERIAL. Get over it. Most, if not all my ITC records and packaging are immaculate and sound great. 

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

There's no "decline" in quality that you keep saying. LATHES ARE NOT AUDIOPHILE MATERIAL. Get over it. Most, if not all my ITC records and packaging are immaculate and sound great. 

I wasn't talking about the audio quality of lathes at all...you shouldn't interpret that much, since you're obviously doing it wrongly!

And if you don't see any decreasing quality issues with ITC records/packaging over the past years, it's either you don't own any older releases or your low quality standards...

57 minutes ago, Sasan said:

I wasn't talking about the audio quality of lathes at all...you shouldn't interpret that much, since you're obviously doing it wrongly!

And if you don't see any decreasing quality issues with ITC records/packaging over the past years, it's either you don't own any older releases or your low quality standards...

I have quite a few older ones as well, soooooooooo I'm not sure what quality issues YOU'RE running into, but I haven't. The oldest ones I have are ITC-003/005. All of those were great. The newest are 051/053 (full releases, not counting the most recent lathes). Those are equally as great, so please, tell me where the issues are....

You know what?

Don't bother, because I won't read it. Your overall attitude and demeanor, especially over a few bucks is about as useful as a wet shart. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

??? You mean the items he didn't have in hand yet? Wow, that's a stretch. I mean, he did mail out the lathes, which he did by hand, alone, etc etc, I'm sure you've heard it all before. But man, if you all aren't the biggest bunch of crybaby bitches...woof

You should know there’s nothing Ben hates more than someone charging more than it cost him for something, just to make more of a profit. Hates it, he does. 

9 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

You should know there’s nothing Ben hates more than someone charging more than it cost him for something, just to make more of a profit. Hates it, he does. 

Zing...you got me.  Beat the deadhorse of a flipper conversation all you want...the horse ain't gonna get more dead.